20W V2 Caldera - demo by Reza

V2a":vkvy3z2q said:
swamptrashstompboxes":vkvy3z2q said:
If I may ask how to these paid demos go? Is he told what settings to use? And with what gear? Is there any integrity in this scenario at all? Is he free at all to state a real opinion?

In this particular instance, it wasn't a paid demo. I asked Reza (and JerEvil) for feedback on my amp and to make a demo if he felt it was good enough to show to the world. Both guys genuinely seemed to like the amps. Reza tried it out Friday night, made a clip Saturday morning, and shipped it back to me by Sat afternoon!

Here's what Reza said on Friday night (on the MLP messaging system:) "Well, WOW. what an incredible sounding amplifier. One of the best I have played. Great job dude! Will shoot vid tomorrow."

For the record:
1. I like Reza's demos. And I had his heavy style in mind when I tweaked this particular amp.
2. Reza normally doesn't do free demos (as far as I know). He and JerEvil have been very kind to me (due to some personal circumstances).
3. I don't think Reza was just faking his like for the amp. He did have some critical/negative feedback about my lousy website.
The amp sounds amazing.. Enough said

Damn I am getting fucking misty over a fucking tube amp. Maybe this Reza fan club can go start a forum. Who gives a fuck! The amps sounds good. All this dumb shit about who said bla bla bla is Pathetic drama. Is it High School yet? Yeaaaaa everyone fucking do a curtzie and piss Yourself and hit the bar for another Shirley Temple

sotosprince":276awx9e said:
V2a":276awx9e said:
swamptrashstompboxes":276awx9e said:
If I may ask how to these paid demos go? Is he told what settings to use? And with what gear? Is there any integrity in this scenario at all? Is he free at all to state a real opinion?

In this particular instance, it wasn't a paid demo. I asked Reza (and JerEvil) for feedback on my amp and to make a demo if he felt it was good enough to show to the world. Both guys genuinely seemed to like the amps. Reza tried it out Friday night, made a clip Saturday morning, and shipped it back to me by Sat afternoon!

Here's what Reza said on Friday night (on the MLP messaging system:) "Well, WOW. what an incredible sounding amplifier. One of the best I have played. Great job dude! Will shoot vid tomorrow."

For the record:
1. I like Reza's demos. And I had his heavy style in mind when I tweaked this particular amp.
2. Reza normally doesn't do free demos (as far as I know). He and JerEvil have been very kind to me (due to some personal circumstances).
3. I don't think Reza was just faking his like for the amp. He did have some critical/negative feedback about my lousy website.
The amp sounds amazing.. Enough said

I agree, enough said. It's a good sounding amp.

I was just curious about the process of a professional demo, and not that the guy would fake it or anything or deceiving his perception

Sounds good. Good is good. Cheers!

Rex Rocker":ump0hi7o said:
I find it kinda odd that people would prefer a demo recorded with a cellphone's mic. Each to his own.
It doesn't have to be a cellphone, there are alot of people that I think professionally record amp clips that I like, but I dont know their setup.

But I can comment that I think an SM57 is great for recording an amp to sit in a mix, but becuase the amp wasn't recorded in a mix, it's on its own, thus alot of the "in room" dynamics are lost. These "in room" details would be buried in a mix anyway, but recorded alone I think that there are probably better options/methods.

A pro musician has been trying hard to get a deeper discount on the amp. Since I doubt he is serious, I'm listing the amp in the RT classifieds.

V2a":3sehe9gs said:
A pro musician has been trying hard to get a deeper discount on the amp. Since I doubt he is serious, I'm listing the amp in the RT classifieds.

Tell George Lynch to cut it out! You know he doesn't play anything he takes a picture with or endorses :LOL: :LOL: :thumbsup:

I liked the demo of the amp. I wasnt a member of RT during the Reza days so I dont have anything against or for him. His demo did allow me to get a feel for this amp well enough that I am hoping to grab an amp from V2 sometime in the near future. Im waiting on Jerevil's and to see a demo of the Degonizzer to get a better idea of what I would suit me the best. But this amp had a juicy sound to the gain that I find appealing. We all have different taste and we all hear things differently but I appreciate seeing demos especially when they dont break in the middle for a commercial for Dollar Shave Club or some dumbass mobile game.

I think the amp has a cool sound. Kinda captures that grungey, Dual Rec mixed with a Marshall sound.
I’ve liked Reza’s vids in the past. I always suspected he had a lil something xtra going on to pump up the sound. An eq or hot buffer, perhaps.
It’s easy to manipulate the sound of an amp with just different pups and mic placement for video recordings.

Reza does his thing. Plenary of people dig it and in one of them.

I am taking a little longer recouping from my surgery but I should have something up pretty soon. My plan is to do a full amp playthrough, plus I have a few pedals that landed that are in for demo so I’ll show how I use this guy with boosts.

Just fired up a 50W Caldera. Sounds KILLER.

1boYTlXl.jpg

Back