Synergy VH-4 module or VH-4 pedal?

Apex1Rg7X

I currently have the Diezel VH-4 pedal that I have been using both in front and in the return of the effects loop of my PRS MT15. I think it sounds pretty good and was wondering if the Synergy module would be worth the extra money. Would it get me closer to the real deal? I mean they clearly cant replicate the feel and thump of a real VH-4 but the cost difference is substantial. Anyone have experience with both?

Depends on wether you want to dive into the MTS module rabbit hole or not. I like my Synergy VH4 but if you only want that one module it's probably not worthwhile to buy a chassis for it.

From clips I've heard the VH4 Pedal sounds a lot heavier than the module...almost to the point of sounding solid state though....not necessarily a bad thing if ya wanna chug away.

jkdsteve":2orc5kyz said:
From clips I've heard the VH4 Pedal sounds a lot heavier than the module...almost to the point of sounding solid state though....not necessarily a bad thing if ya wanna chug away.

That is the impression I got from the Herbert pedal. Sounded good but....Solid State. IMO I would get an amptweaker TM for a pedal preamp. It blow away the Diezel to me but I play metal so idk what you like.

Otherwise just save up for the real VH4. I know easier said than done but if that is the sound you really want. :dunno:

maddnotez":2rg6fvb2 said:
jkdsteve":2rg6fvb2 said:

That is the impression I got from the Herbert pedal. Sounded good but....Solid State. IMO I would get an amptweaker TM for a pedal preamp. It blow away the Diezel to me but I play metal so idk what you like.

Otherwise just save up for the real VH4. I know easier said than done but if that is the sound you really want. :dunno:

A real VH4 or VH2 is my goal TBH, just kicking around the idea of the module as opposed to the pedal that I already have.

Man, that Synergy stuff sounds great...I'd be all over the VH4 and HBE modules if I could.

Back