Butterslax metal improv with new pedalboard (looper action)

LunatiBSW

So I finally have my pedalboard where I want it. It’s more crisp, and transparent than ever before.
But also dead silent. The latest addition was the fortin spliff. It got my tuner, (also new -turbo tuner st300) out of the chain, allows me to use the key input, and put the zuul in the loop. It is the cleanest and strongest? (If that makes sense) I’ve heard my setup. Here’s a pic everything.

mvibbtol.jpg

It’s not as cool unless you hear it in action. Sooooo........
Here’s a little tester vid, of some improv stuff with the delay and looper.
All channel 3, no boosts used.

Love to hear your comments and questions. :rock:

That sounds a lot like the stuff I record, except I'd add a lot more wankery. The Butterslax sounds awesome man. Your clip stirs up my Butterslax cravings. Damn I hope Dave comes out with a Butterslax Jr!

MetalHeadMike":2w5ywbeb said:
Sounded awesome Brandon! Almost had a little Iron Maiden vibe to me :rock:

Thanks Mike! I was going for more melody for sure! What an honor to throw that name out.

Junk Yard Dog":2w5ywbeb said:
Thanks gooch, need to jam soon, or rent a space and do some shootouts

Racerxrated":2w5ywbeb said:
Sounds great! Now, get yourself in a band and start showing locals what great tone is!

Much appreciated bro! I’ve been telling myself that too. There’s magic when playing with other folks.

MistaGuitah":2w5ywbeb said:
That sounds a lot like the stuff I record, except I'd add a lot more wankery. The Butterslax sounds awesome man. Your clip stirs up my Butterslax cravings. Damn I hope Dave comes out with a Butterslax Jr!

Slax is a beast, it def has its own vibe amongst my lineup. But mine also isn’t stock, and a stock one doesn’t have the slice and klank I like.
That’s cool you dig the style. I was a couple sheets To the wind, so was going for more relaxed improv melody on the leads, the rhythm had enough going on for me.
My rhythms can get nutso, but then I can’t have as much fun on the leads and experiment.

Sounds pretty good, but the standard has been set for me with your Wizard tones. And it's very difficult to top that.
Nice guns btw. :thumbsup:

Sounds great! Is it the ditto or the TF your looping with? I have a ditto but shelved it. Couldn't get the playback or dub to unity volume. Nice playing! Like that vibe. Very melodic. Rig is quiet too!!

errrrrl":pboz9x2v said:
Hell yeah dude that sounded great! :rock: Butterslax is the shit.

Thanks bro! It sure is, that fortin is getting a lot of attention too!
How you liking the waza TAE?
I’m bout to start working on drums. What your favorite? Is it pretty easy to create drums after laying down guitar tracks?

firejack":pboz9x2v said:
Sounds pretty good, but the standard has been set for me with your Wizard tones. And it's very difficult to top that.

Haha, your need a wiz buddy, sounds like it’s up your alley.
Diff flavor the slax and wiz are.
You know what they say “suns out, guns out”
It’s like over 90 everyday in Texas now. I do workout a lot, and I’m also an elite/degree’d personal trainer, so I have to workout haha.
You lift?

Beandust":pboz9x2v said:
Sounds great! Is it the ditto or the TF your looping with? I have a ditto but shelved it. Couldn't get the playback or dub to unity volume. Nice playing! Like that vibe. Very melodic. Rig is quiet too!!

I loop with the ditto so I can use the TF delay. Not sure if you can do both at same time on the TF,
But for ease of use, I just got the separate looper. I got mine to match unity as you can hear. Loops are a PITA. Some amps it doesn’t work as well on. Usually cause the loop is less than great. The Friedman has an amazing loop.
Thanks for checking it out and the compliments!

LunatiBSW":377zsdst said:
errrrrl":377zsdst said:

I’m bout to start working on drums. What your favorite? Is it pretty easy to create drums after laying down guitar tracks?

firejack":377zsdst said:

It’s like over 90 everyday in Texas now. I do workout a lot, and I’m also an elite/degree’d personal trainer, so I have to workout haha.
You lift?

Beandust":377zsdst said:

I loop with the ditto so I can use the TF delay. Not sure if you can do both at same time on the TF,
But for ease of use, I just got the separate looper. I got mine to match unity as you can hear. Loops are a PITA. Some amps it doesn’t work as well on. Usually cause the loop is less than great. The Friedman has an amazing loop.
Yes Friedman efx loops is awsome. Have the be100, are you running the TF in the loop and ditto out front? Sorry , wanting to try this with my h9 and ditto. Sorry to jump the OP, its very inspiring tho!! :rock:

Beandust":17y1uvcv said:
LunatiBSW":17y1uvcv said:
errrrrl":17y1uvcv said:

firejack":17y1uvcv said:

You lift?

Beandust":17y1uvcv said:

Yes Friedman efx loops is awsome. Have the be100, are you running the TF in the loop and ditto out front? Sorry , wanting to try this with my h9 and ditto. Sorry to jump the OP, its very inspiring tho!! :rock:

From the send of the amp. It goes zuul -> timefactor -> ditto stereo -> Fx return.
Real simple. I have the fortin spliff (which is a buffer) out front, and it feeds the zuul, for ultra fast tracking.
I was right by the loud ass slax in that vid, and you can hear it chop off the feedback instantly.
This works amazing in the slax loop, in my fortin Cali loop, in the wizards’ loop, and both my mesas.
So I’ve found a great working chain for my needs. Transparent and clean.
No need to apologize. We’re here to talk gear :rock:

swamptrashstompboxes":1r5cc1ky said:
Nice board and playing. Cheers!

Thanks much! It’s easy to get carried away with stomps and Fx I’ve realized.
I’ve learned simpler is better for my needs. It’s def been a work and evolution in progress.
It’s funny how some things play nice with some amps, and not others.

LunatiBSW":3laep2ue said:
swamptrashstompboxes":3laep2ue said:
Nice board and playing. Cheers!

Thanks much! It’s easy to get carried away with stomps and Fx I’ve realized.
I’ve learned simpler is better for my needs. It’s def been a work and evolution in progress.
It’s funny how some things play nice with some amps, and not others.

I tend to simplify, but I have six full completely independent rigs with their own pedalboards. Each rig stays that way and I only stomp maybe two different things.

You have a solid rig, that is for sure. Nice and quiet too. I need to get a good noise gate for normal playing. But e everything is on a power conditioner though so that helps a bit.

Cheers!

Also, do you have a thought on any other gates V. The Zuul? It's a little more than I want to budget in tbh.

swamptrashstompboxes":34w4gces said:
Also, do you have a thought on any other gates V. The Zuul? It's a little more than I want to budget in tbh.

The Zuul is one pedal that is over-hyped that completely deserves it. Seriously it knocks out all the noise, lets notes ring out, and doesn't tone suck plus its just one knob. Every other noise gate I've used I've had little issues that I just lived with. The Zuul is basically like playing an amp that doesn't have noise if that makes sense? Like I cant even tell its on until I turn it off.

I'm not a huge fortin fan meaning I dont have to have every product no matter the cost. I really love the Cali from the videos I saw and the blade looks really cool but I dont care for the grind/33 and Meshuggah type heads/sound. Just a personal preference.

Having said that I dont know how a noise gate could be improved beyond what the zuul does. Yeah its expensive but you wont have to shop for a noise gate as long as the pedal functions.

ClintN667":d4bbb96t said:
swamptrashstompboxes":d4bbb96t said:

The Zuul is one pedal that is over-hyped that completely deserves it. Seriously it knocks out all the noise, lets notes ring out, and doesn't tone suck plus its just one knob. Every other noise gate I've used I've had little issues that I just lived with. The Zuul is basically like playing an amp that doesn't have noise if that makes sense? Like I cant even tell its on until I turn it off.

I'm not a huge fortin fan meaning I dont have to have every product no matter the cost. I really love the Cali from the videos I saw and the blade looks really cool but I dont care for the grind/33 and Meshuggah type heads/sound. Just a personal preference.

Having said that I dont know how a noise gate could be improved beyond what the zuul does. Yeah its expensive but you wont have to shop for a noise gate as long as the pedal functions.

Huh. Maybe I will justify it. It will be a little bit though. I am going to get a suhr reactive IR thing first and I need to get some pickups for a few guitars and some other stuff. But I will consider.

What in your opinion is second to the Zuul? I have been hearing good things about the Sentry from TC. but I typically do not like TC stuff.

Back