Kinda NGD - Ibanez RG652 with Motor City Pickups installed.

firejack

I finally got the Motor City Hot Head/2nd Degree Black Belt Set installed in my Ibanez RG652 the other week. They sound really good in the Ibby. On the bright side of the tonal spectrum, but in a good way. Very percussive and open sounding with a sweet grind going on. The 2nd Degree Black Belt Neck gets some great clean tones in split and parallel modes. The guitar is now one of my faves. The stock Dimarzios didn't do it justice at all.

vAojp7mh.jpg

YzEKnwJh.jpg

sMTGeI2h.jpg

Nice!! Wanting to try some MCPs, not sure where to start. So many good ones. Dimarzio I always like. So if they are a noticeable improvement, I'm missing out! I like the 2 humbucker without the single coil in the middle as it seems so many guitars are doing that. I dont understand. a 5 way and 2 p/us and I need a 3rd? Just my opinion. nice Guitar!!

Beandust":2647xhvj said:
Nice!! Wanting to try some MCPs, not sure where to start. So many good ones. Dimarzio I always like. So if they are a noticeable improvement, I'm missing out! I like the 2 humbucker without the single coil in the middle as it seems so many guitars are doing that. I dont understand. a 5 way and 2 p/us and I need a 3rd? Just my opinion. nice Guitar!!
Thanks mate. I love a middle single-coil for cleans. Really enhances the guitar's clean capabilities. I have 3 guitars with a H-S-H pickup config and nothing beats the middle single-coil combined with split neck humbucker for my tastes. It's the next best thing to having all single-coils without having to sacrifice juicy neck humbucker lead tones. The trade-off is I have to be a wee bit more restrained with my pick hand when playing my H-S-H guitars so as not to hit the middle pickup.

swamptrashstompboxes":2647xhvj said:

Fret-Shredder":2647xhvj said:
Gorgeous fiddle. Congratulations!!!
Cheers guys!

Back