DELETE

MistaGuitah":3dxbha8t said:
This was not my idea. Other people have suggested this for a while, but I've chewed on that idea for a while and agree it MUST happen. My recent JJ Jr experience validates that Dave could pull this off, so why not put it out there. We need a Butterslax Jr.

Just to add a slight modification, maybe 7189 instead of el84. In my limited experience with these tubes, they seem to have a little more headroom, slightly louder, and slightly bigger but tighter low end. As far as I know, you can out an el84 in a 7189 amp but you can't put 7189 in an el84 amp, generally, so maybe this tube would be ideal for a 20w Butterslax? Hopefully the tube experts can chime in. For those of you who don't know, 7189 tubes handle 400v and el84 handle 300v. Correct that if it's inaccurate. Either way, let's see what the poll will yield.

WHY? You had the JJ Jr. what, less than a week?

I don't know why Friedman can't do what Marshall's been doing in the Studio Series Mini Jube, Mini SLP, and Mini 800 - use EL34's.
Just make them bias-able.

napalmdeath":2ultvo57 said:
MistaGuitah":2ultvo57 said:
This was not my idea. Other people have suggested this for a while, but I've chewed on that idea for a while and agree it MUST happen. My recent JJ Jr experience validates that Dave could pull this off, so why not put it out there. We need a Butterslax Jr.

Just to add a slight modification, maybe 7189 instead of el84. In my limited experience with these tubes, they seem to have a little more headroom, slightly louder, and slightly bigger but tighter low end. As far as I know, you can out an el84 in a 7189 amp but you can't put 7189 in an el84 amp, generally, so maybe this tube would be ideal for a 20w Butterslax? Hopefully the tube experts can chime in. For those of you who don't know, 7189 tubes handle 400v and el84 handle 300v. Correct that if it's inaccurate. Either way, let's see what the poll will yield.

I don't know why Friedman can't do what Marshall's been doing in the Studio Series Mini Jube, Mini SLP, and Mini 800 - use EL34's.

LOL. Don't you think it's foolishly presumptuous to assume you know something about other people's gear? I sure wish you could learn how to respond to people without unnecessary, ignorant remarks and sarcasm. You are what is called a "backbiter," but since that is a scriptural reference, I can't define it for you here.

As for your substantive comment, I agree. That is something I have proposed before but since Dave seems to have a prime formula for his 20w line, 7189s seemed like an appropriate suggestion.

Evidently the naysayers prefer to vote based on who makes the poll instead of a sensible basis so just delete this thread.

MistaGuitah":6zrep0bm said:
napalmdeath":6zrep0bm said:
MistaGuitah":6zrep0bm said:

LOL. Don't you think it's foolishly presumptuous to assume you know something about other people's gear? I sure wish you could learn how to respond to people without unnecessary, ignorant remarks and sarcasm. You are what is called a "backbiter," but since that is a scriptural reference, I can't define it for you here.

As for your substantive comment, I agree. That is something I have proposed before but since Dave seems to have a prime formula for his 20w line, 7189s seemed like an appropriate suggestion.

Oh, I just have a soft spot for you, Savage Riffer. Last time you responded to one of my threads, you insulted the hell out of me with various smart-ass remarks, including calling me a "newb" for asking questions about Fishmans, that I've never used. The problem with you is, you dish it out, but get sand in your vagina when someone does something as little as disagrees with you. You're a snowflake of the highest degree.

My initial comment was fact. You had the JJ Jr less than a week, and nothing I said was malicious. Damn.

Back