Replacing knobs on a recto?

mchn13

Anyone change the knobs on their recto? The diamond plate has already been painted black, so im thinking of completely blacking it out. Dont really want to spend $100 bucks just to get black mesa knobs. Anyone use mini chicken heads?
IRVA6sql.jpg

So you are not asking could you you are asking should you?

I love chicken head knobs but not sure they would look good on a Recto. Be fun to try nonetheless. Blacked out recto knobs would not look good imo. That said, recto knobs are a PITA so see the settings. You kind of have to tilt your head to catch the light just right and then turn the knob back and forth a bit to dial in.

All kinds of painful. :LOL: :LOL:

If I were to do mine I would consider the Mesa Mark type knob or MXR knob or the plain jane 'pointer' knob.

311splawndude":1fl7pztr said:
So you are not asking could you you are asking should you?

I love chicken head knobs but not sure they would look good on a Recto. Be fun to try nonetheless. Blacked out recto knobs would not look good imo. That said, recto knobs are a PITA so see the settings. You kind of have to tilt your head to catch the light just right and then turn the knob back and forth a bit to dial in.

All kinds of painful. :LOL: :LOL:

If I were to do mine I would consider the Mesa Mark type knob or MXR knob or the plain jane 'pointer' knob.

No i was more asking what knobs has anyone used besides the knurled mesa knobs? This is purely a cosmetic endeavor so i dont want to spend $100 in knobs just trying it out.

I can't help with whether other knobs would fit, but I swapped some chrome Recto knobs for black many years ago.

Whether the knobs are chrome or black, you can't see the markings either way IME. But IIRC, it's just normal pots, so any knob can fit over the shaft. You just have to make sure they're not so long as to run into each other as you adjust them.

Back