First clip with the WAZA Tube Amp Expander thingy

errrrrl

Laid the guitars down last night and drums this morning. So far i'm liking it. Used Ownhammer Heavy Hitter IR's on this. Enjoy!

That was amazing man, everything sounded great. Loved the beginning section the most, with Mob Rules era sound spliced in with the Heavy Metal movie!

What Addictive Drum kit preset did you use? I only ask as I use it as well.

Not too familiar with the Butterslax but you had a killer mid-era Sabbath sound there and it didn’t sound too “IR-y” to me, sounded very natural. Definitely the best sounding reactive load I’ve heard. I’ve had both the Suhr and the Torpedo and got rid of them pretty quickly. Maybe it’s the quality of the IRs that makes the difference but I did use Ownhammer as well when trying them out.

nigelpkay":75d28a9v said:
That was amazing man, everything sounded great. Loved the beginning section the most, with Mob Rules era sound spliced in with the Heavy Metal movie!

What Addictive Drum kit preset did you use? I only ask as I use it as well.

Not too familiar with the Butterslax but you had a killer mid-era Sabbath sound there and it didn’t sound too “IR-y” to me, sounded very natural. Definitely the best sounding reactive load I’ve heard. I’ve had both the Suhr and the Torpedo and got rid of them pretty quickly. Maybe it’s the quality of the IRs that makes the difference but I did use Ownhammer as well when trying them out.

Thanks dude. I've always love that movie growing up and the mob rules era. Both were always so bad ass to me :rock:

As for the Butterslax ts rare but I dialed my gain back a bit and turned up my mids more for this clip trying to get more of that old late 70s early 80s Sabbath sound. As for loads I still have my Suhr but honestly I've been digging the Waza. I need to compare them one day. They are both good but I like that the Waza has those two knobs in front to change your reactive load. For each track I did turn them a little different and loaded a different IR, that makes a huge difference it getting a fuller sound with IRs I think, even with the Suhr.

As for the AD2 drums here is what I used below. Even though the software has a billiion ways to alter the sounds I actually prefer using the Waves oneknob plugins to shape it for quick recordings. Here are some screen caps.

getpubthumb

getpubthumb

Excellent! Nicely done! Love that part of the movie as well!
I am slowly warming up to my TAE as well. Just got mine on Friday of last week.

PBGas":3de5lljg said:
Excellent! Nicely done! Love that part of the movie as well!
I am slowly warming up to my TAE as well. Just got mine on Friday of last week.
It's pretty cool. The day after I got mine I came down with a crazy cold so I didn't use it for recording or anything... basically hearing and sinuses was all whacked. But I have been using it as an attenuator... its works great for that. As for recording so far I like it. The built in reverb and delay are hand too. I wonder if they will incorporate more effects going forward. Also there is a firmware update if you haven't done it yet. Fixed an issue with 3rd party IRs.

slyym":3de5lljg said:
Hell yea!!! I was hoping for flying dragons killing innocent Asian people but this will do.
Hahahahah totally right? :LOL: :LOL:

Dick Butter Nuts":2sw98ve7 said:
Great work, sounds excellent! Did you use that new Waves plugin on the guitar tracks?
Thanks dude! I didn't use that SSL G one yet. I got it but I need to figure that thing out... there is a lot of stuff on it lol. I did use the Oneknob bright, louder and phatter just a little here and there to make each guitar stand out just a little bit.

MetalHeadMike":2sw98ve7 said:
Ronnie or Ozzy would sound great on that track, great job man :rock:
Thanks dude. For this I'm definitely thinking Ronnie ;)

LunatiBSW":2sw98ve7 said:
Awesome! Great groove bro
Thanks man. I still haven't used the Cali in a recording yet. Still loving the Slax. :LOL: :LOL:
swamptrashstompboxes":2sw98ve7 said:
Nice! I am impressed with the results!
Thanks man! I really like this one came out too. Recording at night with headphones only is tricky. You don't truly get to hear how it sounds til the next day for me when I mix it. Some are come out better than others and this one was good. :thumbsup:

firejack":2sw98ve7 said:
That was brilliant! :rock:
Thanks firejack! I appreciate it :rock:

OMG!

Loved the tone and I LOVE Heavy Metal. One of the best movies of all time!

Thanks for doing this. Looking forward to checking out your Chug one too :)

:rawk:

311splawndude":1e57o9dy said:
OMG!

Loved the tone and I LOVE Heavy Metal. One of the best movies of all time!

Thanks for doing this. Looking forward to checking out your Chug one too :)

:rawk:
:thumbsup: Thanks so much dude! :rock:

Back