New Guitar Day

Bishop5150

Scored a second hand GMW Guitar Works Randy Rhoads polka dot V from a guy local to me on Reverb. It’s in mint condition. Got it for an absolute steal at $1600.
Only thing I don’t like about it is the 21 frets like Randy’s. The cheapo model I already had has 22 frets. But other than that it is an incredible playing and sounding guitar.
fnOF8dIl.jpg

HdugUECl.jpg

uWyaCkRl.jpg

0vQEZkBl.jpg

Looking forward to live vids of that guitar & your Fractal rig jamming some Ozzy :rock:

swamptrashstompboxes":woq0gf6y said:
Sweet fiddle. The 21 frets would drive me nuts, but I respect staying true to spec.
If I had the money I would order a brand new one from GMW and order it with 22 frets and an ebony board.

victim5150":1w55m6ka said:
swamptrashstompboxes":1w55m6ka said:
Sweet fiddle. The 21 frets would drive me nuts, but I respect staying true to spec.
If I had the money I would order a brand new one from GMW and order it with 22 frets and an ebony board.
Lee is not making guitars anymore.

swamptrashstompboxes":38sur47g said:
Original spec would be a Fender tremolo, not a Floyd Rose.

PAULYC2":wrzbytts said:
victim5150":wrzbytts said:
swamptrashstompboxes":wrzbytts said:
Lee is not making guitars anymore.
Ah man! That sucks!

Let me clarify, Lee is not making any guitar NECKS anymore, so he’ll supply bolt on bodies, paint work, hardware, assembly etc... but no new necks, so no new whole guitars, so that means no more neck through guitars either. And he may retire completely in a couple of years... so get what you want now.

PAULYC2":3uc7r03d said:
Let me clarify, Lee is not making any guitar NECKS anymore, so he’ll supply bolt on bodies, paint work, hardware, assembly etc... but no new necks, so no new whole guitars, so that means no more neck through guitars either. And he may retire completely in a couple of years... so get what you want now.
Ah gotcha.

Taking it out for it's first gig this weekend. The 21 frets is a bummer though. Now I've gotta bring another Randy era guitar to cover certain songs where he uses the 22nd fret in the solo's. My lower back already hates me. :LOL: :LOL:

Back