Friedman BE100 Deluxe is finally here

UberschallEL34":2ku91pun said:
JTyson":2ku91pun said:
I got mine today, only got to race test it for a short bit, but here's what I can tell you. I can only compare it to my Friedman modded Metro plexi, which is one of my favorite amps.
But for the sake of those with BE100's I can give you a decent comparison
The plexi channel is really good. It will get really clean with a lot of headroom to bubbly and dynamic to classic rock tones with ease. Very compatible with hum buckers or single coils, tons of tones in there. P90's sound amazing through it.
BE channel is slightly more gain than the old BE circuit, but with the voicing options can get all the mids/top you want, razor sharp to easier on the ears if you like that. Its also more opened up, and slightly less compressed to my ears. Still loves all kinds of pickups
HBE is a full on ass kicker, sounds slightly more aggressive, slightly more opened up, with a lot more control of fine tuning the voicing and negative feedback options.
Both the BE and HBE channels have a 3 position gain structure with that really opens up a ton of different tones. Lower settings are more dynamic and roll off amazingly well.
Some of my fav tones are in the medium gain structure HBE channel with the C45 option engaged. Very tight, still really dynamic with the right pickups. The freq selector switch for the thump control is very cool. Depending on the guitar or even the cab your using, it gives you some fast available options for your bottom end.
Lots of changes, lots of options, but the core BE tone is still there and I think the new one is slightly better with WAY more control to get more aggressive voicing and less of a darker tone. You can still get that darker tone if you like that, I loved it and still do, but the new kid has moved on.
I'm keeping mine. Im not selling my BE/HBE KS modded plexi, I still love that amp. I think the DLX is a better, more versatile amp that delivers in spades. No its not as much gain as the Butterslax, but its not at all far from it, and its not nearly as compressed in bone crushing kill modes. Its very, very alive :yes:
Sounds amazing cranked, but still sounds great at lower levels too, and the loop is as good as the best I've heard. Even as good as Todd Langner's tube buffered loop, which was my favorite up to this point.
Gotta lot of fine tuning to do, but I'm totally slammed with work, I won't get to play it much for a bit. I'll get a clip up when I get time, but someone will probably beat me to it
Carry on

great info, thanks for the perspective - sounds like a great tweak on the BE platform. One of my favorite versions was the 2 input version, wonder how they compare.
I really don't know, the only BE/HBE Ive played is the Plexi Dave modded for me years ago. Its still one of my favorite amps. Ive heard a ton of clips of the 2 input versions, but I can't always tell a lot by them, there are a ton of variables in what Im hearing. That shit drives me crazy :LOL: :LOL: The BE channel on the DLX is fantastic, its got more gain than my older version of that circuit, but its still less compressed and its super tight! I boosted the piss out of it last night with the SAT switch off, and it absolutely loves it.

Congrats on this amp - hoping it everything you were looking for. :cheers:

Racerxrated":3c5sevi4 said:
I think with this forum, we all have a built in advantage with the reviews we'll get from the first few guys who buy any new amp. I know I'll wait to hear from someone who's ears I trust, as there are many here who like similar tone settings to mine. I know the BE 50 is killer because of the guys who've bought one, I trust their ears.
One thing Reza did with some of his demos is turn the EQ knobs..not everyone digs his vids but I liked that part of them.

Totally.

IntenseJim":1aazqm5q said:
Curious how different or similar this would be to the production Fortin Cali.
Fortin’s tone will always be more aggressive sounding due to the way he eq’s his amps.

RACKSYSTEMS":3mlnppr4 said:
You can’t fucking win... amp was recorded for the common listening source these days.. iPhone,ipad laptop, computer speakers etc... really this is what the vast majority of people listen on.. of course it can get aggressive and bright.. if I dial it that then you get complaints it sounds like shit when someone listens on a iPhone.. maybe I’ll do a video comparing it to a plexi and a 800 and 800 boosted and not tell anyone what is what...

I can hear through the Studio Production. I am certain this is a killer amp no doubt.

I agree, a builder or mod tech can’t win when it comes to media productions as I catch Hell all the time for doing IPhone demo’s.

I prefer the IPhone as if it sounds great there in person it will move you. I own Friedman’s, Cameron’s and build my own circuits to my ear.

I am not a fan of Studio Produced demo’s as stated to a point any amp can be manipulated. When I record, mix & master CD’s I am careful with my EQ shelving to “Keep it Real” which breaths much more life into the production.

I love the Doug Rappoport Demo’s.

Below: My short “IPhone” Customer Okay Demo.
Also: Below in Signature is my studio production.

DF builds great amps.In fact ground breaking and leading edge. I find far too many Monday Armchair Quarterbacks.

My $.02

David

I reference “oscilloscope”. Mine had just crashed. Also referenced “board” which was placement of a Metropoulos Zero Loss Effects Loop.

So can you finally get the Marshall bite with a Friedman?
Thats the one thing i'm always missing ... this bite and open tone of the classic JCM and Super Lead

Back