Friedman BE100 Deluxe is finally here

:shocked: :worship: :rock:

getpubthumb

I listened to the official 100 deluxe video earlier today and it sounded cool for rock and roll, but it’s missing that pissed off aggression I’ve grown to love in Marshall’s driven with a pedal and modded Marshall’s. Of course this is just from listening to the official video and not playing one in person. Before some thinks I’m just a Friedman hater, I own a BE pedal and think it’s great. I long for the day that Friedman puts out an original amp not based on the same Jose design.

psychodave":26v5x5ih said:
I listened to the official 100 deluxe video earlier today and it sounded cool for rock and roll, but it’s missing that pissed off aggression I’ve grown to love in Marshall’s driven with a pedal and modded Marshall’s. Of course this is just from listening to the official video and not playing one in person. Before some thinks I’m just a Friedman hater, I own a BE pedal and think it’s great. I long for the day that Friedman puts out an original amp not based on the same Jose design.

It was a really good first demo. Great feature showing. I alway prefer “in room” videos from guys like JerEvil and Lunati as to me, those better capture what I hear when I’m playin in my room.

I’m sure the DLX brings the aggression. My BE50 certainly does. I don’t think guys like Mike Nielsen or Robert Baker are setting the amps to being the broots—but I do like their demos and they are great players.

But having had the BE’s, Slax, and JJ, all can get mean without a boost: no question.

I’m certain the 100 DLX can do the same. Wait for more videos to come out.

psychodave":z4br9m7g said:

Dirty Shirley? Thats not using the Jose design or is it?

Junk Yard Dog":irxh44nz said:
psychodave":irxh44nz said:

It was a really good first demo. Great feature showing. I alway prefer “in room” videos from guys like JerEvil and Lunati as to me, those better capture what I hear when I’m playin in my room.

I’m sure the DLX brings the aggression. My BE50 certainly does. I don’t think guys like Mike Nielsen or Robert Baker are setting the amps to being the broots—but I do like their demos and they are great players.

But having had the BE’s, Slax, and JJ, all can get mean without a boost: no question.

I’m certain the 100 DLX can do the same. Wait for more videos to come out.

I’d like to see a video with real opinions. If something sucks, I want them to say it. These days every amp review is only positive. I get it though. They people are getting paid or looking for recognition from the manufacturer so their video gets views... for money. So as a consumer, we get duped by positive reviews. :LOL: :LOL:

psychodave":2d6nd1in said:
Response switch in the middle poition and presence up will probably get you there.
Running the head through a 4X12 of 70th anni G12H30's would be the icing on the cake.

errrrrl":2zfqfr2i said:
psychodave":2zfqfr2i said:

Dirty Shirley? Thats not using the Jose design or is it?
No
JCM800 preamp, JTM 45 powersection ( with a few minor "adjustments" here and there)
And the only time any of the other big Friedman amps resemble a Jose design at all is with the Sat switch on the BE amps, JBE on the JJ, or ch 1 on the Slax.
( edit: diodes are in all the time on all 3 channels on the Slax. Channels 2 and 3 resemble a BE with Sat on due to master vol placement )
The Slax ch 1 is the closest to a Jose amp with the master pre tone stack. The others not so much at all due to the placement of the diodes / master vol. in the circuit.
Dave has his own thing going on for the most part, and it's a pretty cool thing.
His amps sound very good. :rock:

aftec":3ad8el9e said:
RaceU4her":3ad8el9e said:
everything in this vid sounds like muffled shit to me :dunno:

Those Chinese earbuds sound like shit for sure :LOL: :LOL:
I get the same ‘muffled’ or ‘blanket over the speaker’ effect as well through my powered monitors?
For years the Friedman tone was alway smooth and dark...recent history shows his amps can get raw and open sounding; these demos need to show that imo since most true Marshall guys dig that aggression that comes with a brighter/raw tone, like Dave and Martin referred to.

Racerxrated":3k2bvhtf said:
aftec":3k2bvhtf said:
RaceU4her":3k2bvhtf said:

I get the same ‘muffled’ or ‘blanket over the speaker’ effect as well through my powered monitors?

watching again now and i see he has his presence on 0 in parts and the bass and thump way up on the BE channel, not sure what that is about but maybe some normal settings would help

RaceU4her":11arxd2r said:
Racerxrated":11arxd2r said:
aftec":11arxd2r said:
RaceU4her":11arxd2r said:

watching again now and i see he has his presence on 0 in parts and the bass and thump way up on the BE channel, not sure what that is about but maybe some normal settings would help
Ugh. No way to dial in a Marshall circuit imo. No wonder it sounds like the earlier dark and darker BE 100s. I remember the Akira vid, Loudness gp with a 2016 BE? Now THAT was an aggressive sounding demo.

Racerxrated":1po1a3h9 said:
RaceU4her":1po1a3h9 said:
Racerxrated":1po1a3h9 said:
aftec":1po1a3h9 said:
RaceU4her":1po1a3h9 said:

Ugh. No way to dial in a Marshall circuit imo. No wonder it sounds like the earlier dark and darker BE 100s. I remember the Akira vid, Loudness gp with a 2016 BE? Now THAT was an aggressive sounding demo.

He had the bass, presence on noon and the treble and middle on max.

I just watched again and at 10:40 I see Mids at noon and Treble at 2:00. I don’t see them cranked during the tour of the BE channel. Maybe I’m wrong though...

You can’t fucking win... amp was recorded for the common listening source these days.. iPhone,ipad laptop, computer speakers etc... really this is what the vast majority of people listen on.. of course it can get aggressive and bright.. if I dial it that then you get complaints it sounds like shit when someone listens on a iPhone.. maybe I’ll do a video comparing it to a plexi and a 800 and 800 boosted and not tell anyone what is what...

Back