NAD Rivera K_Tre

skullfxr

I freaking love this thing.

Massive and tight, a little bit of compression brutal as hell. great cleans (the k100 cleans are a little better though). just paul at his best IMO. i have about $600 value into it.
The tre has way more gain than the k100, and the tre has less hiss. cool amp, i may get a clip up.

TL5Bkljl.jpg

rVt7s5bl.jpg

Nc8xmSzl.jpg

WX4vgiMl.jpg

What the fuck is up with the fishing net?

I've been curious about these amps for so damn long. Would love to hear some clippy-doos

What the fuck is up with the fishing net?

I've been curious about these amps for so damn long. Would love to hear some clippy-doos

The fishing net is camouflage. Lol. Fits well with the rest of the decor. It's known as "the swamp".

I will do my best to get some clips up.

They will be on a DSLR on a Rode Videomic.
I have yet to get used to my recording set-up (two years later). I have all the gear but am lazy to pick it up. Lol.

swamptrashstompboxes":1looz8lr said:
The fishing net is camouflage. Lol. Fits well with the rest of the decor. It's known as "the swamp".

I have yet to get used to my recording set-up (two years later). I have all the gear but am lazy to pick it up. Lol.

Ha ha. Gotcha. That makes sense.

Glad to see you keep your gear signature up to date as well :thumbsup:

311splawndude":1pstqhpc said:
swamptrashstompboxes":1pstqhpc said:

Ha ha. Gotcha. That makes sense.

Glad to see you keep your gear signature up to date as well :thumbsup:

Thanks. That's the shop, teh swamp.

I have been working on clips since the last post. I am dialing it in. Ears ringing.

AND thankfully no cops. Lol. I had the master at five. Haha.

Awesome Congrats! I've always been a fan of Rivera! They make some really well build amps and they sound amazing. Enjoy!

swamptrashstompboxes":1anwi18r said:
ZEEGLER":1anwi18r said:
Congrats. I love my KII.

Thanks! I have not tried a KII, I bet it kicks ass too!

From what I understand, the K Tre is VERY similar to the KII, with slightly more gain (why?) and slightly more low end (WHY?!?!?!?). Good grief. I can't imagine why you would ever need more gain, and since my KII has an absolutely silly amount of low end, it seems like a pointless exercise to give it even more. But then I'm just going off what I have heard. I'll probably pick up a Tre at some point, and then I'll be able to do a direct comparison. It also looks like the Tre doesn't have a master volume for the clean channel. Is that right?

I've played a few Knuckleheads here and there. I think they made a bunch of different versions. I can't keep them all straight and not sure of the differences. But they always sounded good to me.

ZEEGLER":1py4vnjh said:
swamptrashstompboxes":1py4vnjh said:
ZEEGLER":1py4vnjh said:
Congrats. I love my KII.

Thanks! I have not tried a KII, I bet it kicks ass too!

From what I understand, the K Tre is VERY similar to the KII, with slightly more gain (why?) and slightly more low end (WHY?!?!?!?). Good grief. I can't imagine why you would ever need more gain, and since my KII has an absolutely silly amount of low end, it seems like a pointless exercise to give it even more. But then I'm just going off what I have heard. I'll probably pick up a Tre at some point, and then I'll be able to do a direct comparison. It also looks like the Tre doesn't have a master volume for the clean channel. Is that right?

The bass is dialed way the heck back on mine. The gain a bit too. Both the gain and bass are nuts. Extreme excess.

There is no master on CH2 on the tee. I am missing it tbh.

I am still working away on the video.

Congrats man! I love my Ktre... its a different kind of amp for sure. I retubed mine with GL KT77s recently and really dig it. I finally was able to bring the Ktre out and jam in a band setting just last week and damn this thing is loud. Infact I think its the loudest amp I have... I cranked it to 4 for about a minute and it was just insane... my ears are still ringing from last Friday lol. I normally use mine with the FX loop on and then use the FX send and return volume as an attenuator for jamming at home.

For me the Ktre sounds best with a boost. And it takes just about any boost I throw at it so far. Anyway I just did a clip last week I posted on the Rivera FB page for shits and giggles.It was my first test trying out my newly acquired vfe standout.

Errrrl got that tre sounding killer!!! Wanted to score one toward the end of my amp buying days. They are super inexpensive for such well built amps. Really should trade off something to get my mitts on one after hearing that clip.

errrrrl":2klg827b said:
Congrats man! I love my Ktre... its a different kind of amp for sure. I retubed mine with GL KT77s recently and really dig it. I finally was able to bring the Ktre out and jam in a band setting just last week and damn this thing is loud. Infact I think its the loudest amp I have... I cranked it to 4 for about a minute and it was just insane... my ears are still ringing from last Friday lol. I normally use mine with the FX loop on and then use the FX send and return volume as an attenuator for jamming at home.

For me the Ktre sounds best with a boost. And it takes just about any boost I throw at it so far. Anyway I just did a clip last week I posted on the Rivera FB page for shits and giggles.It was my first test trying out my newly acquired vfe standout.

Nice! What did you use to record, and how loud was the amp? I am going to finish up my video this morning, but TBH I am not sure how it turned out.

I did have the master at half though!

Back