Mod complete on the Roccaforte Custom 80 **clips added**

scottosan

I know some would be against me modding this, but I got a great deal on it @ $850 I cannot source parts for building a new amp for anywhere near that cost especially with premium iron. This thing was previously modded and had 2 holes drill in the rear of the chassis. I wanted to utilize existing holes, so some longer shielded cable runs were need. None the less, this thing is quite quiet.

I basically did a Cameron Atomica Mod
1. Added a gain structure switch ala CCV
2. Added zero loss metro loop. I typically do my own modification of the metro loop to make it better for Jose type circuits with a weaker signal.
3. Added 3 way bright switch for the gain control
4. More Cameron correct punch control with a twist. Used a 1M push/pull. In behaves like normal Cameron punch, but pull overrides pot and sets the Bogner XTC excursion "loose" setting for a really thick bottom end that sounds spectacular at lower gain settings.

Yes I suck, save it :thumbsup: had to be quick since wife is home. Lower volume and some high end lacking due to camera angle

Clean

This clip is to demonstrate some useable clean tones. No clippers engaged, guitar volume full, but split neck and bridge

Mid gain with excursion engaged for big bottom squishy Woody tones. No clippers

Clippers engaged

number roller

Any chance for a sound clip? I have a Custom 40 that I've never totally bonded with, I'd like to hear how it has been changed.

mikey":c3wjx6w5 said:
Any chance for a sound clip? I have a Custom 40 that I've never totally bonded with, I'd like to hear how it has been changed.
Yeah, I'll get some clips this week.

scottosan":t0uqu04n said:
I know some would be against me modding this, but I got a great deal on it @ $850 I cannot source parts for building a new amp for anywhere near that cost especially with premium iron. This thing was previously modded and had 2 holes drill in the rear of the chassis. I wanted to utilize existing holes, so some longer shielded cable runs were need. None the less, this thing is quite quiet.

I basically did a Cameron Atomica Mod
1. Added a gain structure switch ala CCV
2. Added zero loss metro loop. I typically do my own modification of the metro loop to make it better for Jose type circuits with a weaker signal.
3. Added 3 way bright switch for the gain control
4. More Cameron correct punch control with a twist. Used a 1M push/pull. In behaves like normal Cameron punch, but pull overrides pot and sets the Bogner XTC excursion "loose" setting for a really thick bottom end that sounds spectacular at lower gain settings.

number roller

I see you changed the input resistor on the metro loop. If you look carefully, the return side of the loop is built incorrectly. The input of the FET (like a grid stopper) is wired wrong. The 1 Meg resistor is after the 1.5k and it should be before it to work properly like a grid stopper.

lespaul6":qvdk1hc1 said:
did you up the plate voltages? it was low in stock form right...
It's 400 stock. The transformer is a Mercury MMP-400. I switched a few things up to compensate, but I have to say, this is one of my favorite build/mods to date. Interestingly I actually made an error in the punch circuit and while testing out the amp I noticed it sounded fantastic but different than my other builds. When I went back and looked at it that's when I noticed the error. That being said, I integrated this into he punch circuit but made it switchable. I'm not going to say exactly what yet. I want to try and a few other amps but it certainly unorthodox but makes the amp extremely more versatile.

Yes I suck, save it :thumbsup: had to be quick since wife is home. Lower volume and some high end lacking due to camera angle

Clean

This clip is to demonstrate some useable clean tones. No clippers engaged, guitar volume full, but split neck and bridge

Mid gain with excursion engaged for big bottom squishy Woody tones. No clippers

Clippers engaged

Sounds really good. Imo nothing beats these modded british sounding amps with all the mid-range and that vintage like "boxiness" these things have even with high gain.

And yeah i'm an avid 80's metal fan so that's probably saying something. :D

crwnedblasphemy":1tu5s9zd said:
I could be happy with those tones for sure....Nice job...clean sounds excellent. What effects unit was used?
Thanks guys. The effects for the clean is a chorus pedal based on the EH small clone with a variable depth and also used a deep blue delay clone

Back