Speakers to mix with the Celestion H30 Anniversary?

Bad.Seed

I picked up a nice Mojotone cab last week that has the Heritage Anniversary speakers in it. While I like them, I noticed that they are extremely bright in comparison to the other speakers I own.

What speakers would mix well with these to darken and fill these out a bit?

I have a 70's marshall cab with 2 of the original Greenbacks in it and 2 empty slots. I'm thinking that putting the GB's up top and the h30 on bottom might be a good combo. I also have 2 spare v30's, thinking those might still be bright though.

Weird. My H30 Anniversaries are really dark in my Cameron 4x12. I had Jim at Scumback break them in with the FBI treatment before I installed them though. Maybe that got rid of the brightness.

RedPlated":2ks20ilm said:
Weird. My H30 Anniversaries are really dark in my Cameron 4x12. I had Jim at Scumback break them in with the FBI treatment before I installed them though. Maybe that got rid of the brightness.

That's how i feel about my G12H30's.....Mine are the Heritage ones that come in the Marshall 1960BHW Cab.

My g12h30 anniversary speakers are what I would call middle of the road . Love em

I mix them with g12H75 creambacks. That might not be a good combo for you though if you like greenbacks

They may just need some break in time. The guy I bought it off of was unsure of how much they'd actually been played.

But from what I've read around forums, general consensus is they're a brighter speaker.

Bad.Seed":sgr7fqku said:
I picked up a nice Mojotone cab last week that has the Heritage Anniversary speakers in it. While I like them, I noticed that they are extremely bright in comparison to the other speakers I own.

What speakers would mix well with these to darken and fill these out a bit?

I have a 70's marshall cab with 2 of the original Greenbacks in it and 2 empty slots. I'm thinking that putting the GB's up top and the h30 on bottom might be a good combo. I also have 2 spare v30's, thinking those might still be bright though.
Yes. Do it. GB's up top, GH30's on the bottom.

I had a Mojave loaded 4x12 like this for a bit and it was hands down the best sounding 4x12 I've ever heard. Granted, that's my opinion. Sadly I lost that cab in a rehearsal space fire.

V30’s are the prefect speaker to fill out the mid frequencies that H30’s lack. Mix to taste. I’ve got a JCM 800 cab with this mix and I’ve yet to play a better sounding cab.

Back