4 into 1 splitter for amp speaker outs to cab

panhead

Does anyone make something like this inexpensive. I have 4 amps and I want to have all 4 speaker outputs in and 1 output to cab. Only one amp is going to be used at a time as in the others will be off completely off. Just looking for good way not to have to unplug this or that. Thanks

The cheapest I know of would be the new KHE ACS 4x2, 4 heads, 2 cabs for 580 EUR https://www.khe-audioelectronics.com/acs

Next up would be the Kahayan 8x4, 8 heads, 4 cabs for $799 https://www.zzounds.com/item--KAH8X4SEL

Of course the Ampete switchers are great too but the cost are hard to justify. I have the Ampete 444 which can do 4 heads, 4 cabs with a shared FX loop so one pedal board shared to all four heads + midi.

https://www.ampete-engineering.com/products/switcher-series/ampete-444/

I don't think that you want to do it the way you think.

Radial would be my route, being its budget friendly, but I would love a KHE.

I just want a passive box that is 4 in and 1 out for speaker. The other amps not be used. Im not switching amps. My space is limited so I want all speaker outputs hooked up so I don't have to reach behind / tight between amps and wall. Only one amp at a time. The only cord I will move is the guitar cord for another amp manually. No need for loads on other amps they will not be on.

panhead":1q1w4jzb said:
I just want a passive box that is 4 in and 1 out for speaker. The other amps not be used. Im not switching amps. My space is limited so I want all speaker outputs hooked up so I don't have to reach behind / tight between amps and wall. Only one amp at a time. The only cord I will move is the guitar cord for another amp manually. No need for loads on other amps they will not be on.

Not going to work passively. I don't know of a passive device that exist for the purpose and won't damage your amps.

I don't understand how you can say "Im not switching amps" and want "Only one amp at a time." That does not sound possible, even if the other amps stay powered off. I could be wrong though...

However, this is a passive switcher for two heads.

If he doesn't turn the other amps on there would be no load on those particular output transformers so I don't see an issue with that part of it. I WOULD be more concerned with any accidental mistakes, like forgetting to turn off an amp before switching to another one.

I would plug into another amp and cut it on. THERE WOULD BE NO SWITCHING lol Seriously all Im wanting is a way to not have to unplug speaker cable from 1 head to another. Got 4 heads sitting on the floor stacked/ sort of hard to see what your doing when they 6 inches from the wall. Would a patch bay work? Im gonna figure it out some how its a simple idea. Thanks

panhead":3bl673m5 said:
I would plug into another amp and cut it on. THERE WOULD BE NO SWITCHING lol Seriously all Im wanting is a way to not have to unplug speaker cable from 1 head to another. Got 4 heads sitting on the floor stacked/ sort of hard to see what your doing when they 6 inches from the wall. Would a patch bay work? Im gonna figure it out some how its a simple idea. Thanks

The situation you're describing is still switching even though your other amps will be turned off.

I may not change or switch to another amp for 30 days or so ya see. I just want everything hooked up.

panhead":3jf33soi said:
I think most of us here know what you are trying to do. IT IS STILL SWITCHING. LOL.

You can call it 'moving' to a different amp or 'toggling' to a different amp and you could only do it once a year but the box itself is still switching the signal from one path to another. Despite the fact that the speaker cabinet is not producing an electrical current the speakers are still creating a refractive (impedence) load based on the fact that speakers use big heavy magnets. I think the amp Output Transformer's do the same thing whether it is plugged into something or not. Someone smarter than I could maybe explain it better but it is not quite as simple as you make it out to be.

Edit: I called Radial. They can't do 4 amp heads at once. My mad. Sorry. Go with one of the other ideas. The rest of what I said is still accurate I believe - you need a signal path switcher

(Could you get someone to make you one for $50? Probably. Will it be backed by a well known and respected manufacturers warranty and have the same features? Probably not.)

{Edited for clarity}

@311

He is dead on. If you want to gamble wire one up yourself or have someone do it for you.

If not, get what 311 linked.

I could wire one up in no time flat, but I would not do it because someone could really damage their gear over a little mistake,and hate me for it.

I have a feeling that the Radial product is cheaper than a blowing a transformer and getting it fixed.

311splawndude":1ex4k9ql said:
I am 95% sure this is what you want. $189 at Sweetwater:

https://www.radialeng.com/product/headlight

"Radial's Class-A input buffer optimizes your signal by reducing unwanted distortion and artifacts, while a series of transformer-isolated outputs prevents hum and buzz caused by ground loops"

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... p-selector

It looks like that goes between guitar and amp. I think OP wants something that goes between amp and cab.

lockingtuner":16w2f78s said:
311splawndude":16w2f78s said:
I am 95% sure this is what you want. $189 at Sweetwater:

https://www.radialeng.com/product/headlight

"Radial's Class-A input buffer optimizes your signal by reducing unwanted distortion and artifacts, while a series of transformer-isolated outputs prevents hum and buzz caused by ground loops"

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... p-selector

It looks like that goes between guitar and amp. I think OP wants something that goes between amp and cab.

You might be right. It looked on the surface that the Headlight would have multiple applications. Thanks for pointing that out. My bad. I will edit my post.

Edit: I called Radial. They can't do 4 amp heads at once. My mad. Sorry. Go with one of the other ideas. The rest of what I said is still accurate I believe - you need a signal path switcher

reverse of 1 in 4 out with shielded wire . I will use speaker jacks and speaker wire. I got it figured. Thanks

I used to struggle with the same thing. Honestly I think the easiest and safest way is to just run a (heavy duty) female to female coupler off of your cabinet input cord, then have a separate speaker cord coming out of each amp, run them all to the same place, label them clearly and just switch them manually.

The guy at Radial said they've considered trying to make something that would handle that many amps but it just wasn't feasible :dunno:

Back