Korn / Alice in Chains fans

311splawndude

OK. This will be my last one for awhile :D

So the Knotfest show was amazing. Thanks for all the suggestions on Behemoth, Gojira and Volbeat. Glad I got to check all of them out. Excellent show. But yeah, Slipknot owned it. Super intense.
:rock: :rock: :rock:
So the following day I get a $20 voucher for my next show at the venue. Korn and Alice in Chains are next up so BAM! Their static Set Lists are below for those that are interested.

I have not seen Korn live before but I like their older stuff. Then Head left and they kind of went off on a tangent. Head is back and I hear the new album is supposed to be more like their roots but 'ambient' so we'll see. I also think I read Cantrell saying that they will probably take 3-4 years off after this tour and I can't blame them frankly. It looks like it has been a brutal schedule.

Anyway, most of us know that Munky and Head use Mesa Triple Rectos and think Munky might be using some VH4s :dunno:

Then I found this list for Jerry. It might be a bit old but an interesting list nonetheless for those that didn't know:

Jerry Cantrell’s Guitar Amps:
– Marshall JCM800
Used on the first two Alice in Chains albums, Facelift (1990) and Dirt (1992). The amp was modified by Reinhold Bogner, who later worked closed with Jerry on most of his amps.

– Bogner
Jerry used a few different Bogner amps, including the Shiva, Alchemist and Uberschall heads, and the Bogner Fish Preamps.

– Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Prototype
Used for the recording of “Dirt”. These amps were released after 1992 so this was probably a prototype.

– Marsha
Custom made Marshall-style amp by Dave Friedman, with a little more overdrive sound to it. He has two of these, ‘Mad’ and ‘Pissed’,

– Fender Twin Reverb
Used on “Jar Of Flies”.

– Peavey 5150
Given to him by Eddie Van Halen.

– Friedman Amplification BE100 Brown Eye (now using the JJ right?) :dunno:

https://www.groundguitar.com/jerry-cantrell-gear/

Set Lists 2019

Korn
Here to Stay
Blind
Divine
Rotting in Vain
You'll Never Find Me
Twisted Transistor
Shoots and Ladders
(w/ Metallica's "One")
Got the Life
Make Me Bad
Somebody Someone
Freak on a Leash

Encore:
4 U
Twist
Coming Undone
(w/ Queen's "We Will Rock You")
Falling Away From Me

Alice in Chains
Angry Chair
Man in the Box
Check My Brain
Again
Them Bones
Dam That River
Hollow
Red Giant
No Excuses
Nutshell
Bleed the Freak
We Die Young
The One You Know
Would?
Rooster

Definitely worth going to. I saw AIC last October and they were great. Saw AIC and Korn a month ago in Nashville. AIC were great both times. I have never been a Korn fan per se but they absolutely killed it live.

I saw Korn way back in maybe '98, '99? Some band we'd never heard of opened for them and was giving out demo tapes: Limp Bizkit! Hahaha.

Saw AiC years back when DuVall just joined. They were awesome.

I've seen Korn several times but I couldnt tell you who with but I seem to remember it was in the early 00's. The first time I saw Alice in Chains was opening for Megadeth, Slayer, and Anthrax. Then a couple other times after that (lollapalooza was one of them and maybe opening for Ozzy???) I always liked Korn live but they are a band that if they came on the radio I didnt panic to change them but I wasnt a fan. I loved Alice in Chains but I havent listened to anything they put out after Layne died. I wouldnt mind seeing both again.

Have never seen Korn but bet it would be a fun show. Have seen AIC multiple times over the last few years, including on this latest tour, and they absolutely kill live.

311splawndude":7knnk1u6 said:
– Friedman Amplification BE100 Brown Eye (now using the JJ right?) :dunno:

2 JJs, 1 in BE 1 in JBE mode. BE with a Greenback 4x12, JBE with V30, cabs are blowing backwards, the stage is silent.

I've seen Korn roughly 16-17 times with the first time being in 1998 at the Family Values tour with Korn, Limp Bizkit, Rammstein, Ice Cube and Orgy. Korn has always been my favorite band or top 3 at the very least. They went through a dry patch when head left and the whole experimental dub step album, but I kinda liked that since I was into dub step for a bit, haha. My biggest complaint is I feel like their setlist the last decade or so has been boring. I don't want to see them cover "One", Somebody Someone, Twisted Transistor and Make me Bad could easily be swapped out. Either way their live shows are always incredible and never have let me down.

I saw AIC once when they toured with Deftones and Mastadon, so that was when William was pretty new to the group I suppose. Would love to see them again as they've only gotten better since then.

Was at the Cincinnati show on Sunday, in the pit. Great show great time. I didnt care for under oath, the opener. Alice was as good as I have seen which is a bunch. Not as big a fan of Korn but it's a good show with all their hits and cool stage production. Both bands sound great on this tour.

I’ve seen Alice in Chains many times and each time has been fantastic! I saw them with Korn last week. I have never seen Korn live. They were absolutely amazing! I was really impressed.

Well. Show was kick ass. Glad I went. Not too much to say. The highlight for me would be just seeing Jerry Cantrell live. He is such a monster guitar player. He isn't super technical or even super original but his TONE is frickin off the charts. It cuts too. The newer'ish singer, William Duvall, plays guitar too. Their new stuff is pretty good me thinks. I really like 'Check My Brain' with that droney note bending thing (that Duvall might be doing actually). See below at bottom.

Korn was Korn I guess. They were good no doubt. Glad I finally got to check them out. Guitars were not as present as I would have liked. Seemed to be either dialed back or lost in the mix. I guess that shouldn't surprise me. Not knocking them at all though. Johnathan Davis sang his ass off and really really sounded good imo. Their set list was a bit short. I'd say AIC played longer it seemed.

I was surprised to find out that the opening band was UnderOath. Didn't really know anything about them. They put a great show and had some catchy stuff. I will definitely try to get to know them a bit better. They are from Tampa FL. Here is their Set List if anyone knows them well:

UnderOath Set List

On My Teeth
Loneliness
Rapture
Breathing in a New Mentality
Ihateit
Hold Your Breath
No Frame
Writing on the Walls
Sink With You

AIC - 'Check My Brain'

311splawndude":2sfmgxlh said:
Well. Show was kick ass. Glad I went. Not too much to say. The highlight for me would be just seeing Jerry Cantrell live. He is such a monster guitar player. He isn't super technical or even super original but his TONE is frickin off the charts. It cuts too. The newer'ish singer, William Duvall, plays guitar too. There new stuff is pretty good me thinks. I really like 'Check My Brain' with that droney note bending thing (that Duvall might be doing actually). See below at bottom.

Korn was Korn I guess. They were good no doubt. Glad I finally got to check them out. Guitars were not as present as I would have liked. Seemed to be either dialed back or lost in the mix. I guess that shouldn't surprise me. Not knocking them at all though. Johnathan Davis sang his ass off and really really sounded good imo. There set list was a bit short. I'd say AIC played longer it seemed. ]

I'm surprised to hear that about Korn's guitar tone being lost in the mix. I've seen them about 15-16 times and I cant say that's ever been an issue that I can remember. My biggest complaint with their live show lately is the setlist. It just feels worn out and tired. They literally stick to the same 7-8 songs the past 10 years and sprinkle in a few new ones or rotate a select mix of 4-5 different ones.

Back