New Killswitch

Steinmetzify":30t1id3k said:
Dig this a lot more than the first one that leaked.....plus Howard doing not croony stuff rules.
Agreed.

And I think Howard guest appeared on 1 or 2 other songs off this album. Can't wait to get it. I also read, I believe, that Jesse has found some new vocal range or something like that. I don't remember the whole story. And Adam's solo on this song is really good. I love how he can make it sound like he is tapping (2:30 ?) when in fact he is just down picking. Insane.

I preordered an autographed copy and got it Saturday. I've been through it about six times now and it gets better each time. Some of Know Your Enemy has a bit of a Pantera feel to me.

GregM":3j0jo661 said:
I preordered an autographed copy and got it Saturday. I've been through it about six times now and it gets better each time. Some of Know Your Enemy has a bit of a Pantera feel to me.

That's cool.

I really like Disarm the Decent (as far as their recent stuff). Like...every song. I had it in my truck for a week 2 weeks ago, before I started throwing down on Behemoth, Gojira and Volbeat :D

Really liked the first 4 albums - especially End of Heartache and As Daylight Dies. Not because Howard was the singer at the time - I just dig the riffs more.

New Killswitch is great. This song they did with Chuck Billy is probably my favorite yet. Some of riffs are definitely Testament inspired.

Indeed -- one of my favorite bands!

This is also a special one for us, we built one of those amps in the background. :D That's Joel's touring Orthos. :rock:

protoplasma":287958qo said:
Indeed -- one of my favorite bands!

This is also a special one for us, we built one of those amps in the background. :D That's Joel's touring Orthos. :rock:

Yep, definitely noticed that which is pretty damn awesome advertising. Plus they look so badass. Laney and KSR must be a serious sound. KsE definitely knows their tones.

Seriously awesome album. Definitely one of their best IMO. I was only a fan of their early work until The End of Heartache. They kind of lost me after that but these past 2 albums are killer but this one especially. :rock: :rock:

Sounds great better than the first single that's for sure.

Surprised to see Adam using the Laney amps again.

Funny, the band's least favourite album is my favourite album of theirs, their self-titled Killswitch Engage album. They don't play any of those songs live and they don't even talk about that one because of the difficult time surrounding recording it. (Howard's final album)

But man, the rifts are just sick and nasty on that album and the guitar tone is really saturated and juicy. You can hear the anger and aggression being released in the guitar tone.

The End of Heartache and As Daylight Dies are considered their two best albums but I really think the songs on this album rival a lot of the songs on As Daylight Dies.

Their first album, Killswitch Engage is an awesome one too, nobody talks about that one. The guitar tones are sooooo aggressive, raw and in your face. Riffs are angry and grindy.

Love that one. And of course up to As Daylight also being my favorite albums ever, of all bands i love. I am a huge killswitch fan.

This new one is growing on me.

Also, I shouldn't have based the entire album off 1 song. There are definitely some killer songs like this one but I heard a couple that were meh to me.

"Howard... you sonofabitch!"

screen_shot_2019_08_23_at_4_15_57_pm_by_haftelm_ddepmdx-fullview.jpg

perfect-predator-lines-arm-wrestle.jpg

maddnotez":v364rhp3 said:
Also, I shouldn't have based the entire album off 1 song. There are definitely some killer songs like this one but I heard a couple that were meh to me.
I'm almost all the way through the album and more than just a couple are meh...not liking this one very much.

Back