I'm not going to apologize. I love G12T-75s.

G12T-75s are great. I have been gigging with them in Marshall cabs for years...…..always sounded great and no issues. Also love G12H30s and greenbacks......but the 75's are great speakers.

Bad.Seed":3m2t9w2y said:
swamptrashstompboxes":3m2t9w2y said:
JMP2203":3m2t9w2y said:
G12T75 does sound different depending on the year, old ones are darker

and i love them, they are the best celestions for me, and i also like g12k100

The old k85's are great too. I have two old Peavey cabs loaded up with them. They mix well with V30's.

Call me a snob, but I won't be caught dead with a Chinese V30, T75 or GB. Those were the speakers that suffered the worst changes of the England to Chinese relocation.

Maybe I've just had good luck, but I have a Friedman 412, Bogner 412 and Diezel 412, all loaded with Chinese celestions, and those are my 3 favorite cabs. They all have a big, full and warm sound in comparison to my 2 mesa slant/overhangs, and my 3 old peavey cabs that also have the k85's in them.

Maybe it is more cab dependent than anything.

Hey man not trying to pick a fight with you but I heard your Voodoo amp sample, you talked about "transformer rolling" and I know you picked up a TSL and defended the "tone" of that amp... just IMO you have a tin ear and more money than sense... not trying to be offensive for the sake of being offensive, but the new celestions sound like garbage b/c the Chinese DGAF about distorted guitar tones. Chinese rock wasn't popular until after the Tiananmen incident... I won't get into the details b/c I want to respect the rules of RigTalk, but IMO they DGAF about rock and metal and therefore can't be relied upon to make good speakers for anything other than classic rock, Nickelback and Jazz. Pls don't take this personally, that's just how it is. :dunno:

-P

Price":2svu4gsw said:
Bad.Seed":2svu4gsw said:
swamptrashstompboxes":2svu4gsw said:
JMP2203":2svu4gsw said:

The old k85's are great too. I have two old Peavey cabs loaded up with them. They mix well with V30's.

Call me a snob, but I won't be caught dead with a Chinese V30, T75 or GB. Those were the speakers that suffered the worst changes of the England to Chinese relocation.

Maybe I've just had good luck, but I have a Friedman 412, Bogner 412 and Diezel 412, all loaded with Chinese celestions, and those are my 3 favorite cabs. They all have a big, full and warm sound in comparison to my 2 mesa slant/overhangs, and my 3 old peavey cabs that also have the k85's in them.

Hey man not trying to pick a fight with you but I heard your Voodoo amp sample, you talked about "transformer rolling" and I know you picked up a TSL and defended the "tone" of that amp... just IMO you have a tin ear and more money than sense... not trying to be offensive for the sake of being offensive, but the new celestions sound like garbage b/c the Chinese DGAF about distorted guitar tones. Chinese rock wasn't popular until after the Tiananmen incident... I won't get into the details b/c I want to respect the rules of RigTalk, but IMO they DGAF about rock and metal and therefore can't be relied upon to make good speakers for anything other than classic rock, Nickelback and Jazz. Pls don't take this personally, that's just how it is. :dunno:

-P

"You have a tin ear and more money then sense". "don't take it personally".

Ok fella. And I'm sure that the Chinese manufacture against the set specs that celestion has made.for their speakers because they "don't care about rock music"

I will take you very seriously on this......

Bad.Seed":36k8dgr3 said:
swamptrashstompboxes":36k8dgr3 said:
JMP2203":36k8dgr3 said:

Here is my opinion on this-
About 4 yrs ago I went "cab crazy" and wanted to try some boutique cabs..at the time I had my first C+, a 60w SRG combo and a Mesa traditional (Stiletto) with the 'darker' OEM Mesa V30s (made in England). I went and bought a Bogner V30 and a Rivera V30 4x12, and I lucked into a mint 1974 Marshall with original GBs(cream backs). I also had a Fender Tonemaster with British V30s. I compared all 4 V30 cabs....
The Bogner had the batting in it, as did the Rivera and while the Bogner was warmer they were just killer cabs. In fact, when I A/Bd the Mesa with the Rivera they sounded IDENTICAL to me. Now, the Rivera had Chinese V30s and the Mesa has the British V30s. They should sound different right? They didn't. The last place finisher was the Tonemaster, and it had well broken in British V30s. The Bogner sounded killer too, and just a bit warmer than the the Mesa/Rivera cabs and it also had Chinese V30s.
So I absolutely believe that cab construction is the most important factor, based on my comparisons. Now, had I pulled the Tonemaster speakers and swapped them in/out of the Rivera/Bogner cabs that would have also been interesting but that was too much damn work lol...
But if you buy a great constructed cab like a Bogner, Rivera, Mesa, Diezel, Friedman etc etc I believe it will sound damn good with almost any speaker.
Cab construction for the win IMO.

Anyone have a pair of 8ohm T-75s they wanna sell ? .....Would like the older ones that sound good please :) seriously though

the4thlast1":2ylpxp5d said:
Anyone have a pair of 8ohm T-75s they wanna sell ? .....Would like the older ones that sound good please :) seriously though

the old ones are just darker, smoother, maybe good for a trebly jcm800

i have the last uk ones, 2002 or 2001 i think, and they have the bite and edge for metal, probably you can find some chinese that sound the same as those ones

Racerxrated":2aw9pqwp said:
Bad.Seed":2aw9pqwp said:
swamptrashstompboxes":2aw9pqwp said:
JMP2203":2aw9pqwp said:

Here is my opinion on this-
About 4 yrs ago I went "cab crazy" and wanted to try some boutique cabs..at the time I had my first C+, a 60w SRG combo and a Mesa traditional (Stiletto) with the 'darker' OEM Mesa V30s (made in England). I went and bought a Bogner V30 and a Rivera V30 4x12, and I lucked into a mint 1974 Marshall with original GBs(cream backs). I also had a Fender Tonemaster with British V30s. I compared all 4 V30 cabs....
The Bogner had the batting in it, as did the Rivera and while the Bogner was warmer they were just killer cabs. In fact, when I A/Bd the Mesa with the Rivera they sounded IDENTICAL to me. Now, the Rivera had Chinese V30s and the Mesa has the British V30s. They should sound different right? They didn't. The last place finisher was the Tonemaster, and it had well broken in British V30s. The Bogner sounded killer too, and just a bit warmer than the the Mesa/Rivera cabs and it also had Chinese V30s.
So I absolutely believe that cab construction is the most important factor, based on my comparisons. Now, had I pulled the Tonemaster speakers and swapped them in/out of the Rivera/Bogner cabs that would have also been interesting but that was too much damn work lol...
But if you buy a great constructed cab like a Bogner, Rivera, Mesa, Diezel, Friedman etc etc I believe it will sound damn good with almost any speaker.
Cab construction for the win IMO.

I think you're right, and I'm really only now realizing this after years and years of buying and selling a ton of cabs. I've had the diezel cab for about a year and a half, but when I got it, I immediately noticed how much warmer and fuller it was than my Mesa OS Cab. When I got my Uberkab and Friedman cabs recently, I noticed they had the same thing going on. I'm pretty sure all 3 cabs are made by the same supplier. They all sound huge and warm, and not boomy. I've owned a ton of V30 loaded cabs, and they can tend to sound harsh fairly easily, but these ones do not.

I've never directly swapped a UK v30 with a chinese v30, so I can't compare on a direct basis, but I don't currently own a Chinese celestion cab that I would want to sell.

JMP2203":3t3yinw2 said:
the4thlast1":3t3yinw2 said:

i have the last uk ones, 2002 or 2001 i think, and they have the bite and edge for metal, probably you can find some chinese that sound the same as those ones
The vented ones I’ve played are far from dark, they were bright and tight with good mids....

Racerxrated":32t15fz2 said:
JMP2203":32t15fz2 said:
the4thlast1":32t15fz2 said:

The vented ones I’ve played are far from dark, they were bright and tight with good mids....

yeah. I had a cab with vented T-75's and one with G12-65's and i could barely tell the difference between the two.

atrox":2sqhinp3 said:
Racerxrated":2sqhinp3 said:
JMP2203":2sqhinp3 said:
the4thlast1":2sqhinp3 said:

yeah. I had a cab with vented T-75's and one with G12-65's and i could barely tell the difference between the two.

i have g12-65 too, reissues not originals - but also think they are darker and smoother compared to my 2001-02 G12T75

JMP2203":2979dvjy said:
atrox":2979dvjy said:
Racerxrated":2979dvjy said:
JMP2203":2979dvjy said:
the4thlast1":2979dvjy said:

i have g12-65 too, reissues not originals - but also think they are darker and smoother compared to my 2001-02 G12T75
I've had those, they are more similar to the early 80s version in the 800 cabs. I've had early 80s and late 70s versions, the Marshall labeled ones from 79 are quite a bit brighter than the later darker 65s. Same mids, low end....I've read there were many versions of the 65 out there. The vented 75s are as bright or brighter than my 79 cab with 65s. It's like a modern 75 with the same highs but nice huge mids and a tighter low end.

Back