Slaving amp but w/different volumes coming from 4x12 & 2x12

FondledDuck

Weird...so I’m running a stereo setup. Well, actually I’m slaving one amp to another via fx loop. I’ve got the fx send from Amp A going into a stereo chorus pedal input, the left channel output from that pedal goes into the fx return of Amp A, and then the right output of the pedal goes into the fx return of Amp B. Amp A is running thru a 4x12 16 ohm with Vintage 30’s and Amp B is running thru a 2x12 8 ohms loaded with Alnico Cream and G12H75. I hear the same preamp tone going to each left and right cabinet (as I should) but I’m noticing that the right side (Amp B and 2x12 8 ohm cab) is louder than the 16ohm 4x12. Why? Can I ever get the two sides to match volume? Thanks

FondledDuck":w7dd57fz said:
Weird...so I’m running a stereo setup. I’ve got the fx send from Amp A going into a stereo chorus pedal input, the left channel output from that pedal goes into the fx return of Amp A, and then the right output of the pedal goes into the fx return of Amp B. Amp A is running thru a 4x12 16 ohm with Vintage 30’s and Amp B is running thru a 2x12 8 ohms loaded with Alnico Cream and G12H75. I hear the same preamp tone going to each left and right cabinet (as I should) but I’m noticing that the right side (Amp B and 2x12 8 ohm cab) is louder than the 16ohm 4x12. Why? Can I ever get the two sides to match volume? Thanks

Turn down the volume on amp B until you achieve volume balance. Voila... problem solved, ;)

Zachman":25c778v7 said:
FondledDuck":25c778v7 said:
Weird...so I’m running a stereo setup. I’ve got the fx send from Amp A going into a stereo chorus pedal input, the left channel output from that pedal goes into the fx return of Amp A, and then the right output of the pedal goes into the fx return of Amp B. Amp A is running thru a 4x12 16 ohm with Vintage 30’s and Amp B is running thru a 2x12 8 ohms loaded with Alnico Cream and G12H75. I hear the same preamp tone going to each left and right cabinet (as I should) but I’m noticing that the right side (Amp B and 2x12 8 ohm cab) is louder than the 16ohm 4x12. Why? Can I ever get the two sides to match volume? Thanks

Turn down the volume on amp B until you achieve volume balance. Voila... problem solved, ;)

Wow.

Back