Ladies and gents, the Mimiq! Clip.

nightflameauto

Tossed together an example of what the mimiq could do just for giggles this morning.

https://app.box.com/s/24iqnoxnwclhuggiez3wuppt4awxcshj

First is mimiq off. Then the same riff with the mimiq on. Then a quick mix with the mimiq just so you get some context.

This is all DSL on the left through a mesa 1x12, Peavey Studio Pro 112 on the right with a Swamp Thang. Bass in the mix is the DSL through the mesa with a little less gain than the guitar.

Anybody curious what the mimiq can do in a metal context, there you go. I currently have it set to one extra guitar part, but it will do up to three extra. In a metal rhythm tone it gets a little soft on the attack with it cranked up to three, but one extra just gives you some nice depth and movement. Clean or lead tones sound MASSIVE with it set to three extra though. It's a great tool to have in the arsenal if you're in a single guitar situation and want to sound bigger.

Dude that sounds killer. I just ordered one last night after your recommendation in the other thread, and after watching Brian Wampler gush about how great of a pedal it is. Looking forward to it!

ive been telling everyone for a while if you have two amps the mimiq is a must have, you wont want to play without it

Can you both run through your signal chain for this type of setup? Is the mimiq out front of the two amps? Are you running an ABY box in front of the mimiq? Thanks :thumbsup:

Inearthed":3nv0df9v said:
Can you both run through your signal chain for this type of setup? Is the mimiq out front of the two amps? Are you running an ABY box in front of the mimiq? Thanks :thumbsup:

the mimiq has two outputs and is basically an ABY box with one of the signals being the "mimiq'd"

Yeah, my signal chain for this was literally just guitar->cable->mimiq and then the mimiq splits it to two outs with each going to its own amp. Simple as it sounds.

Man - a bunch of people are misusing the pedal lol - I ended up on the tc electronics discussion group checking out how people were using it and there were a bunch of people saying they were running an ABY box with the pedal for two amps or some other overly complex routing :confused:

I think some people get confused because it also has a stereo input. So, say you want to run a chorus or a delay with wet/dry outputs in front of it, THEN have it create the extra "dubs" after that, you could have your stereo box first, then the mimiq hooked to both outputs of whatever you're starting with. But it even says on the mimiq that one input is for mono use, the other for stereo. I suppose people get baffled and assume that using the mono input makes the entire pedal mono? But two seconds hooked up that way and turning it off/on would clear that right up.

Either somebody's thinking way too hard, or not hard enough.

Inearthed":25kfm9nz said:
Man - a bunch of people are misusing the pedal lol - I ended up on the tc electronics discussion group checking out how people were using it and there were a bunch of people saying they were running an ABY box with the pedal for two amps or some other overly complex routing :confused:

They don’t know what the fuck they are doing

RaceU4her":2s2e64o6 said:
Inearthed":2s2e64o6 said:

They don’t know what the fuck they are doing
This is also a probability.

OK. Let me ask you this.

Seems like a really cool pedal.

What if I'm already running 2 amps (sometimes 3) on an A/B/Y pedal with one of the amps being wet with reverb, delay etc.?

The Mimiq would be a little redundant right? I'm watching a few Youtube vids. The Mimiq isn't really recording and playing back the signal right? It is just adding a bit of space (delay), attack (OD), tightness (OD), and pitching (Chorus like).

Right?

311splawndude":1xafwfib said:
OK. Let me ask you this.

What if I'm already running 2 amps (sometimes 3) on an A/B/Y pedal with one of the amps being wet with reverb, delay etc.?

The Mimiq would be a little redundant right? I'm watching a few Youtube vids. The Mimiq isn't really recording and playing back the signal right? It is just adding a bit of space (delay), attack (OD), tightness (OD), and pitching (Chorus like).

Right?
You're pretty much right. It's using some sort of computer to add a delay that is continually, and smoothly, shifting around just slightly, changing the initial attack just slightly, and adjusting intonation just slightly on the extra "take(s)." If you already have a wet-dry rig, you probably wouldn't see much benefit with it.

nightflameauto":39c3eer7 said:
311splawndude":39c3eer7 said:
OK. Let me ask you this.

Right?
You're pretty much right. It's using some sort of computer to add a delay that is continually, and smoothly, shifting around just slightly, changing the initial attack just slightly, and adjusting intonation just slightly on the extra "take(s)." If you already have a wet-dry rig, you probably wouldn't see much benefit with it.

Maybe not but that part you said about 'continually shifting around just slightly' is the really really cool part of this pedal. THAT is what gives you the feeling of 2 guitar players. I'm going to look for more demos of people doing this while also making adjustments to the pedal in real time.

Thanks for sharing.

I'm guessing if you run the Mimiq Mini which has a single input/output, you'd then have to run it to an AB/Y pedal to run it with two heads. Not sure if you guys knew they made a Mini version or not ( relating to your comments about the people on the TC board running it all weird ).

JHowell13":32stm4sw said:
I'm guessing if you run the Mimiq Mini which has a single input/output, you'd then have to run it to an AB/Y pedal to run it with two heads. Not sure if you guys knew they made a Mini version or not ( relating to your comments about the people on the TC board running it all weird ).
Ew. This is one pedal I think would suffer greatly making it single output. I wonder why they even decided to minimize it? I suppose it'd be OK clean, but dirty just sounds awful on a single output.

i have two amps, one bass and one guitar, i have an ABbox so i can play on one, the other or both.
i'm trying to have a slight difference on time (and perhaps tune) when i play both.
may i use only mimiq's wet signal on guitar (as mono) to do it? or should i simply go to a light delay?

thanks (and be kind, english is not my first language...)

cheezyzyv":2w3lidw7 said:
i have two amps, one bass and one guitar, i have an ABbox so i can play on one, the other or both.
i'm trying to have a slight difference on time (and perhaps tune) when i play both.
may i use only mimiq's wet signal on guitar (as mono) to do it? or should i simply go to a light delay?

I don't have an answer to this question, but don't worry about your English, you are doing well. Welcome aboard ?

cheezyzyv":1v6z64gw said:

Sorry, haven't been checking back in very often.

You could use mimiq's wet signal mono, though you wouldn't get the movement between the "sides" that you get when using it stereo. It would, however, give one amp a slight difference in pitch, attack, and timing that would add a bit of apparent movement.

And you're doing better at English than a large portion of the native English speakers.

Back