DFW/North Texas AmpFest October 26th 2019 Venue Change!!

scottosan

***Emergency Venue Change***

The original Universal Rehesral Walnut Hill was destroyed by the tornado that went through Dallas a few days ago. They just contacted me a few hours ago. I've called around, but not alot of options on short notice. I have secured a large room at their Arlington location off of 360 and I-30. Please if you are on the fence because it's 30 minutes from the other location, please let me know how I can convince you to trek a bit further.

Universal Rehearsal Arlington
2909 E. Avenue E.
Arlington, TX 76011

****Official****

Okay gents. Confirmed 2 rooms. 1 main congregation room and another overflow/alone time room for recording, multitasking, etc...

October 26th 1:00pm - 6:00pm

Okay gents been in contact with some of the boys and we want to do this again. We want to try a few things differently. Instead of having one big room we're thinking about getting multiple smaller rooms. This will allow for some multitasking as well as folks to be able to try different guitars, cabs, etc with a and not have to compete with other amps. We can still get a larger room to jam, hangout, keep the cooler, etc.

Thinking sometime in October, not during Texas vs OU

Got some Tentatives from:

Scottosan,
Texmarkmusic - Fortin Cali, Synergy stuff
Junk yard Dog - Friedman JJ +?
Shredsmcgee
CrazyNutz - Be100 clone plus maybe Wizard MCII clone 1
BSWLunati- Wizard MTL, KSR Gemini?
RottingCorpse - clone of Langner Gary Holt amp plus whatever other stuff we can talk him into bringing
dwizted - Custom Fortin
Juggernaut - ?
NZSteve - Gower Jose and Mojave Jose
Ellis S +2 - Possible Revv

Any chance you guys could set up some mic'd recordings? I watched your vids from last year and while they were really cool it would have been nice to hear better recordings since you guys have some stuff thats not very accessible. At any rate I wish I lived closer cause this would be my version of going to Disney land.

ClintN667":2up44tnf said:
Any chance you guys could set up some mic'd recordings? I watched your vids from last year and while they were really cool it would have been nice to hear better recordings since you guys have some stuff thats not very accessible. At any rate I wish I lived closer cause this would be my version of going to Disney land.
Probably not cab mic'd since we are breaking into multiple rooms the time it takes to to set up each amp would be time prohibitive. That said, we will probably have more control over camera position/direction, people walking between can and gear and levels. I'm looking at picking up a zoom q2n-4k for recording

scottosan":2zpnjjr8 said:
mhenson42":2zpnjjr8 said:
Depending on the day, I may drive up
What day works best for you?

The weekend of October 12th is officially rule OUT!! 19th maybe?

Don’t plan around me, if it works out good for me I’ll try to come.

I have the means to make mic’d recordings. Not too difficult. Have two mics and a portable setup.
I could coordinate with a couple of folks to have the same riffs thru the same guitars thru different amp/cab combos. Would take some minimal planning.
I’m in if we can nail down date, location, cost.
I know a guy that has an amp repair/build shop in Arlington, inside a multi-studio rehearsal environment that may be able to help. Would be a great way for those interested to hear his amps, get some videos of his amps, and satisfy the needs of a multiroom ampfest. His amps are affordable, hand wired, and have some great mods folks on RT would appreciate. Reaching out to him now.

No worries if y’all have a location nailed down. I can still coordinate the mic’d recordings.

UberschallEL34":1dvovaed said:
John4021":1dvovaed said:
Metlupass2":1dvovaed said:
You guys should get some shirts made and everyone wears them

Maybe UberschallEL34 can snag yins up some "Rocknchimpy" tee's and Hoodies.

:LOL: :LOL:

If I had a stash of them we could bring them and set them ablaze

Guns, Lone Star Beer and blazing Chimpy tee's.
I might have to come down for some Texas BBQ.

I've got a gig at Fat Daddy's on Oct. 19th, so I may be able to come by for a bit, but not sure I can make an all day affair out of it.

Back