What's the best tune-o matic replacement?

Rex Rocker

That's available in cosmo black? With the wide import metric posts.

The Graphtech stuff seems interesting. The TonePros stuff I guess is going to be a popular answer, but is there something that's come out that's "better"? How about Gotoh and Schaller?

Thanks!

JMP2203":3vvlbauk said:
Graptech and TonePros sounds dead to me

ABM Muller

Totally agree. They look great on paper but they sound dead AF.

my brands of choice are hipshot Schaller and gotoh but I don't know if they make one or not.

Check out Schaller. They have a killer color assortment of all hardware. I bought the Signum wraparound bridge in black chrome, but the color is more of a really high gloss black than a chrome. They have another finish called ruthenium that may be what you’re looking for.

I have a chrome Schaller tune-o lying around that I actually ordered in the wrong finish, lol. It seems like a solid unit, but I don't see it (on paper) being better than the Gotoh, especially because you can't adjust the height from the top with a regular flathead screwdriver like you can on other bridges. Is it much better than the Gotoh? Should I just order a ruthenium Schaller instead of a Cosmo Gotoh?

Also, that's the first time I've heard negative comments about the TonePros. Not saying you guys are wrong or anything, but doesn't the tonepros have brass saddles and posts? On paper, it would seem like a solid bridge. Made by Gotoh too. What do you guys think make it dead-sounding? Is the regular Gotoh made of brass too?

i dont think they are brass, they sound and feel like zinc

i changed the sadlles to titanium to one and was a good improvement, anyway a full brass ABM was night and day diference

Oh, I see the saddles on the Gotoh stuff are zinc, and on the Schaller stuff, they're brass. I guess the Schaller is worth it over the Gotoh.

Man, I really wish the ABM stuff had a cosmo finish. It really does seem top notch.

It's tough between Schaller and gotoh. I have a two german lockmeisters in two jacksons and two MIJ Gotoh floyds in two other Jacksons. Quality is good either way with both brands. I do prefer the feel of tremolo usage.

I have gotoh and Schaller classic trems. Toss-up.

I like hipshot tuners the most tbh. Hate spetzel the most.

I currently do not own any tone pros TOM bridges. Don't plan on it.

Back