Active pickups om a semi hollow?

skullfxr

I want a metal orientated semi hollow. I realize that there are a ton of passive options, and may go that route, BUT my questions in this thread are strictly about actives in a semi.

What do you do with the battery so it doesn't clunk? Wrap it in foam?

Are they less prone to feedback than passives?

This is a doom stoner guitar, so, yes I will have it going into high hain in likely C#std.

Will the aemi still aound semi with actives?

Just thinking our loud. Any thoughts are welcome.

Thanks!

swamptrashstompboxes":z6pabi9f said:
I want a metal orientated semi hollow. I realize that there are a ton of passive options, and may go that route, BUT my questions in this thread are strictly about actives in a semi.

This is a doom stoner guitar, so, yes I will have it going into high hain in likely C#std.

Thanks!

I actually used to Have a Gibson ES-135 that was a Semi-Hollow but no F Holes & I had an EMG 85 in the Bridge. I used C# Tuning for that one & played Hatebreed style Music & it was awesome.

Detroit1973":22epi6ba said:
swamptrashstompboxes":22epi6ba said:

Thanks!

I actually used to Have a Gibson ES-135 that was a Semi-Hollow but no F Holes & I had an EMG 85 in the Bridge. I used C# Tuning for that one & played Hatebreed style Music & it was awesome.

Badass! What did you do with the battery?

I have a PRS McCarty semi hollow with low output passive PUs. Play hard rock/metal with a shit ton of gain. No feed-back issues at all. The only thing I find is the semi-hollow accentuates string noise if your a sloppy player. Especially if the action or neck need adjustments.

swamptrashstompboxes":30rha3ht said:
Detroit1973":30rha3ht said:
swamptrashstompboxes":30rha3ht said:

Thanks!

Wrapped it in Foam that comes in the EMG Box....Then i wrapped the foam in a rubber band. to keep it all in place.

Detroit1973":2ivgrfmt said:
swamptrashstompboxes":2ivgrfmt said:
Detroit1973":2ivgrfmt said:
swamptrashstompboxes":2ivgrfmt said:

Thanks!

Wrapped it in Foam that comes in the EMG Box....Then i wrapped the foam in a rubber band. to keep it all in place.

Sweet.

Back