Wishing Hetfield the best... haters stage right plz.

suhrimmetal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqe4Pv8Tp3E

Posted the intial James/Rehab thread... just watched this vid...I know most of us our all praying and rooting for Papa Het. Yes, Im a fan.. 43yrs old... met, jammed, sang, drank, talked with them, etc... they have saved my life 'younger' self many times over by their music and what it means to the individual. I watch this vid... and YMMV... but Hetfield is one of the best lyricists and frontmen in the history of music. You can see, hear, and FEEL the addictive personality and traits in so many of the songs... it's woven so much... especially post '96.. The Master or Puppets era seemed more written from outsider in... Bleeding Me, Fixxxer, Unforgiven 3 very much inside out.. I could go on.. but we are a community. So much praying for James to come out of this spitting life and happy. Truly hoping he can find the balance between the Worlds that he loves. My best.. and if you want to troll on this thread or make fun... please start your own thread. Cheers and my best.

Nobody deserves to be damned for their addiction. I send my prayers his way. Addiction is real and addiction is hard. I and a lot of us have fought. Come on Het, you CAN make it.

Video has been taken down unfortunately.

I know we had another thread about this but still wanted to comment from a different angle. I was a military brat and then went in myself. A lot of my life was leaving people I cared about and having to make new friends and figure shit out. Just Kindergarten to 4th grade, I was in three states alone. I've always loved music and when I hear a song, it takes me to a location or a food or a friend, etc.

I started getting into Metallica right between Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets coming out. For anyone too young to remember, Metallica back then was like listening to Black Metal or something. It was like this small pack of friends that went beyond Motley Crue, Dokken, etc. and this badge of honor knowing only a few friends really "get it" so to speak.

I started playing guitar in late 85' and some of the first songs I wanted to play were "Fade to Black", "Sanitarium", and "The Four Horsemen". When I heard "Master of Puppets" I couldn't believe it. I started really getting into Metallica back then and they have been a part of my life thru everything. When "....and Justice of All" came out, I was going into the military. The Black Album, I was getting married. When the "Load" album came out it was around the time my kid was born, etc., etc.

The reason I bring all of this up is that James Hetfield, although I've never met the guy, always was indirectly a force in my life. The riffs and the lyrics and everything took me away from my regular life or stressful days. People that are really into music and use it to fuel their soul understand what I'm talking about. I want the guy to get better and find peace because although he has an awesome life and tons of money, etc., he leaves his family every year to bring music to all of the fans. He never wants to let the fans down. The fact that he is dealing with all of this makes him more real and "normal" to me.

311splawndude":2f0zuf2e said:
First public appearance from James since entering rehab. Not sure that he spoke to it necessarily but based on the pictures from the event (car exhibit at a museum in Cali last night) he sure LOOKs healthy.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/ge ... rehab.html

Way to go James - keep it up my man and keep on rockin' :yes:

PS: He's got some sweet cars too!

I don't know man... I love James - my inspiration to even play guitar... But looks like he's aged even more in these latest pics. But he does look healthy and happy overall. Sweet car collection indeed!!

I will say one thing - glad he cut off the mangy looking mullet. He can't pull off the glory days of the mid to late 80's, early 90's. IMO he looks better with short hair these days anyway. In hindsight, him growing his hair was a sure sign of going off the wagon trying to rekindle the Alcoholica days IMO...

^ yep

But click on the ultimate-guitar link I posted on Oct 15th. You have to admit, he looks a lot better than that pic.

swamptrashstompboxes":1rn3un6b said:
Addiction is real and addiction is hard. I and a lot of us have fought.

Yeah, I'm right there too... How do you effectively fight a condition that sends you to bed every night feeling marvelous, but wakes you up in the morning to the harsh reality of what is really happening ?

What gets me about James ....
Growing up. Getting into metal. The guy was damn close to my age!!
He was doing it. I was a bedroom player. :LOL: :LOL:
But that inspired me. Kudos to him.
Fight the good fight :rock:

I never liked Metallica's brand of rock. I remember my friend bringing their debut album over for a listen... I thought it was some kind of parody thing? To my ears, it was/is the musical equivalent of diarrhea. That been said, prayers for James. Absolutely.

I am pre black album only, but they have influenced so many of us in some way or another. Is he the best player? No, but Regardless of opinion I wish him the best. Nobody deserves to be stuck in addiction. God bless the Het.

311splawndude":3fpswsj4 said:
First public appearance from James since entering rehab. Not sure that he spoke to it necessarily but based on the pictures from the event (car exhibit at a museum in Cali last night) he sure LOOKs healthy.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/ge ... rehab.html

Way to go James - keep it up my man and keep on rockin' :yes:

PS: He's got some sweet cars too!

Yeah, got a couple tickets to go check these out at the Petersen.
Maybe, we'll go tomorrow.

Back