Emg77

Picked up a CLX 2x12 combo from 98. Its loaded with 100 watt Vht G 100 E's. The amp sounds killer! I was wondering if the G 100's are voiced the same as the P50's? Reason I ask is they are 8ohm speakers wired in parallel and need to be run at 4ohms. I wanted to add my Bogner 2x12. There is a guy local selling a quad of P50's. Would make it easy for me to add the ext. cab.

This amp is so killer! I had an ultra lead quite a few years ago and I don't remember being this thrilled about it. Granted my tastes and tone maturity have certainly changed since then. But this amp does everything I want it to. Killer clean killer crunch and killer high gain. Touch dynamics off the charts.

I run a CLX as my main amp. Used to have a Pittbull Classic loaded with a pair of British Classic Lead 80's. The combo was just so damned heavy that moving over to a head/cab was worth it for me.

I can't really comment on the speakers you mention. The Fryette Users forum may have some info on it. I can tell you now that the Classic/CLX absolutely SLAYS with Classic Lead 80's. Maybe it's the nostalgia of it, but I think I may have preferred that to the Fatbottom with P50E's that I have now for the CLX.

Another option to consider: Fryette can sell you a head cabinet. I believe it's the exact same chassis as your combo, so you should be able to just drop your CLX into a head cabinet. Fryette support could confirm.

Also, I'm with you on the CLX/Classic over the UL. I just could not gel with the UL the way I do with the CLX. Something really special about this amp.

dirtyfunkg":yz599ydr said:
I run a CLX as my main amp. Used to have a Pittbull Classic loaded with a pair of British Classic Lead 80's. The combo was just so damned heavy that moving over to a head/cab was worth it for me.

I can't really comment on the speakers you mention. The Fryette Users forum may have some info on it. I can tell you now that the Classic/CLX absolutely SLAYS with Classic Lead 80's. Maybe it's the nostalgia of it, but I think I may have preferred that to the Fatbottom with P50E's that I have now for the CLX.

Another option to consider: Fryette can sell you a head cabinet. I believe it's the exact same chassis as your combo, so you should be able to just drop your CLX into a head cabinet. Fryette support could confirm.

Also, I'm with you on the CLX/Classic over the UL. I just could not gel with the UL the way I do with the CLX. Something really special about this amp.

Thanks for the input. I've reached out to Fryette to see if I can get a head she'll.

My clx has quite the story behind it.The amp made premier guitar mag in a reference to mine in particular.And Steve worked on it and serviced it.They really took care of me.Very professional,courteous,and easy to communicate with.Cant say enough high praise for the company.Steve and crew are great people!!!.......the key to killer tone in this amp is taking your time with the eq.There's a ton of adjustment with barely a slight move of the graphic eq.Cant stress enough,take your time when dialing it in along with the eq knobs..With slight eq adjustments,ive gigged country rock,pop,rock and metal shows with it.,and they wernt mediocre tones,they were high end killer tones coming outta this amp.

Not to hijack the thread, but I'd probably be willing to sell my Pittbull Classic head (non-EQ, with footswitch) for pretty cheap. I haven't really used it since I got my Sound City

46779154_10217997822396452_7243738665719955456_n.jpg

Back