Speaker: Celestion Anniversary H30’s vs T75’s.

H30’s or 75’s

• Celestion T75’s

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Celestion Anniversary H30’s

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

psychodave

Which of these two current production speakers do you like better for rock and metal?

I’m not looking for any speakers. This is just a friendly poll between friends. I love the H30’s and have four cabinets loaded with them.

Neither. I like 65s best for everything, with any amp I've owned. Vintage GBs are next.

Out of those two choices, I like both but it depends on which version 75 you have..the first yr vented 75s are fantastic. That would be my first choice, then the H30, then any other 75 from 87 on.
I'll choose 75s if they are the vented ones.
:rock:

Racerxrated":3qfbcysy said:
Neither. I like 65s best for everything, with any amp I've owned. Vintage GBs are next.

Out of those two choices, I like both but it depends on which version 75 you have..the first yr vented 75s are fantastic. That would be my first choice, then the H30, then any other 75 from 87 on.

Current production.

Racerxrated":1e0mhxc3 said:

What are the 65s your referring to?

On another note, I have a 6505 inbound. Can't believe all the high dollar amps I've tried but never this staple in metal :confused:

psychodave":vpfpd4hw said:
Racerxrated":vpfpd4hw said:

Current production.
Ok, then H30s for the win. I do like them, which reminds me to buy 2 more to fill an empty cab I have.

I’d also say neither. If you’re considering T75’s, I’d recommend the Fane F90’s instead. I replaced the T75’s in my Bogner Ubercab with Fane F90’s and it’s similar, but clearer, more open, more upper mids, and doesn’t have that fizzy treble the 75’s are known for. Not sure how they’d sound on their own, but they work great with the V30’s in my Ubercab

I’d also recommend Jensen Electric Lightning. I have those crossed with V30’s in my other 412 and all my friends and myself consider that to be the best sounding combo. I’d imagine the Jensen Electric Lightning’s would be good on their own too, but can’t say for sure without trying it. I had the V30’s in it before crossed with H75’s, which are supposed to be like a higher powered H30, and the Jensen Elsctiec Lightning’s sound way better with them than the H75’s did. Very overlooked speaker

MetalHeadMike":xfyuzaon said:
Racerxrated":xfyuzaon said:

What are the 65s your referring to?

On another note, I have a 6505 inbound. Can't believe all the high dollar amps I've tried but never this staple in metal :confused:
Hey Mike. G12 65s, made from 78-83 and came in Marshall cabs. Really great with any Marshall or similar tone amp. They reissued them as the Heritage G12 65 and are spot on to the early 80s versions. The first versions were brighter than the later early 80s versions.
I haven't owned an amp that didn't sound killer with them. For metal though the low end isn't as tight as say a V30 but tight enough for most everything other than the really heavy stuff.

75’s all the way here... Hate even to say this but H30’s are the worst speaker I ever tried.

I didn’t care for the G12 65’s. I remember them basically sounding like darker, higher powered greenbacks. My Kerry Wright came with them and it sounded too dark and muffled compared to my Ubercab that had V30’s/T75’s. Once I switched it to a V30/H75 combo and now the V30/Electric Lightning combo it sounds light years better. It’s cutting now (brighter than the Ubercab), but still sounds super well balanced

I have the Heritage G12H30's in my Marshall 1960BHW Cab & they sound great with my Avenger but with my Peavey Ultra 120+ they are kinda dark. I was thinking of doing an "X" Pattern with Another Speaker to tame the Darkness but it's got to sound good with both heads i have.

I tried 1960B with Soldano Hot Rod and it was great match, better than my V30 Bogner or VHT.
Personally I'm in 'don't care' camp with H30. Too much treble and somewhat scooped mids, maybe with right amp I can work.

The anniversary G12H30's has a very present top end, that can be harsh with some amps. It does have a good solid bass response. I prefer these for more vintage tones.

The current production G12T-75's are smoother to my ears on the highs and still have a nice low end, making them better for higher gain. Only tried one old G12T-75 and it was a very nice speaker, wish I would have kept it.

I prefer the Anniversary H30's. They're very bright indeed, but T-75's are kinda hollow in the mids with some added fizz up top.

I prefer Creamback H-75's.

Back