Baldacci custom build...just getting started

BRENTrocks

Conner Baldacci and I first met a couple years ago when he was winding pickups...really good pickups!!!

We recently were chatting, as he has started building guitars as well and I was complimenting him on his recent builds. I told him that I would love to have one of his "Bighorn" models....more talking tuned into us putting together a custom build!

Conner and I put our heads together on a custom build for me. I made a few small changes from his standard configuration....the biggest was the placement of the controls. (I wanted the toggle on the upper horn and a 2 vol/2 tone configuration, like a LP)

This is a picture of his BIGHORN standard...

IMG_2242 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

So then he went on the hunt for the wood….he found this 40+ year old mahogany for the body and neck...this is the one piece body blank, before cutting.

IMG_2281 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

He offers custom inlay work as well. I am opting for his hollow dots on my guitar....here is a sample of those...

IMG_2241 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

I found a couple nice Brazilian rosewood boards here in Kalamazoo….these came from Gibson, they are from the 60s....I sent both of them to Conner for him to pick which one works best for the build.

59200117003__F54D2EB8-9AAC-4A38-9603-30BEAD24DC43 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

This is the burst I asked him to shoot on it...(or something pretty close)

IMG_2290 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

Conner sent me a couple pics today of the maple billet and the bookmatched rough-cut top before he glues it to the body....

IMG_2239 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr
IMG_2288 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr
IMG_2289 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

I will continue to post updates on the build...needles to say, I'm very excited!!!!

awesome build man... thanks for sharing this. look forward to more pictures.

this thing'll be sexy for sure

Back