Two words most guitarist hate the most!

Emg77":kcr0jia3 said:
TURN DOWN!!! :thumbsdown:

GUTS ME EVERYTIME!!!

I can be completely jacked for a gig, and someone telling me to turn down completely takes the wind out of my sails. I always had a lot of trouble coming back from the kick in the balls that was the turn-down request. Many gigs you'd have some effing busy body coming up to tell you to turn down even before you'd started playing. They'd see your amps and PA and take it upon themselves to play manager.

It doesn't bother me to be told to turn-up. So I tend to start out quiet, after 35 years of gigging.

Red_Label":107398lo said:
Emg77":107398lo said:

GUTS ME EVERYTIME!!!

I can be completely jacked for a gig, and someone telling me to turn down completely takes the wind out of my sails. I always had a lot of trouble coming back from the kick in the balls that was the turn-down request. Many gigs you'd have some effing busy body coming up to tell you to turn down even before you'd started playing. They'd see your amps and PA and take it upon themselves to play manager.

It doesn't bother me to be told to turn-up. So I tend to start out quiet, after 35 years of gigging.

Hahaha!

The trick I learned was.. Reach for the amp and roll my guitar volume down until I got the thumbs up. Then when the gig starts roll that baby up!! Haha.

Emg77":15z76kbk said:
Red_Label":15z76kbk said:
Emg77":15z76kbk said:

GUTS ME EVERYTIME!!!

Hahaha!

The trick I learned was.. Reach for the amp and roll my guitar volume down until I got the thumbs up. Then when the gig starts roll that baby up!! Haha.

:LOL: :LOL:

Red_Label":tn3fpdw6 said:
Emg77":tn3fpdw6 said:
Red_Label":tn3fpdw6 said:
Emg77":tn3fpdw6 said:

GUTS ME EVERYTIME!!!

Hahaha!

Then without you knowing the sound guy turns you off at the FOH and has the last laugh. :LOL: :LOL:

LP Freak":2tipilju said:
Red_Label":2tipilju said:
Emg77":2tipilju said:
Red_Label":2tipilju said:
Emg77":2tipilju said:

GUTS ME EVERYTIME!!!

Hahaha!

Then without you knowing the sound guy turns you off at the FOH and has the last laugh. :LOL: :LOL:

We were running sound from the stage for a lot of our shows. Advantage... back to us! :LOL: :LOL:

RaceU4her":2g9e8nci said:
that was one nice thing about gigging with my vh140c, low volume wasnt a problem tonally

Not a problem with the numerous Friedmans that I've owned either. They sound awesome from talk volume until deaf-inducing volume. Bogners needed to be worked a little more. Marshalls a LOT more.

RaceU4her":1e0qptub said:
that was one nice thing about gigging with my vh140c, low volume wasnt a problem tonally

This is truth. The Vh140c sounded great at low volume...but crank it up and :D Badass amp :thumbsup:

MetalHeadMike":2mzs4o3q said:
RaceU4her":2mzs4o3q said:

This is truth. The Vh140c sounded great at low volume...but crank it up and :D Badass amp :thumbsup:

yeah, ive been through i dont know how many amps thinking one was gonna finally dethrone it but it hasnt happened for brutal metal at least.

I hate when that happens. I haven't played live for a while, but I'm thinking of doing some jamming with my cousin on drums at some family events coming up, as well as for New Years. My Dad has been supportive of my guitar playing by getting me some free lessons from a client, but he expects me to be learning "real music" rather than just play my own stuff. I'm doing the lessons to expand my repertoire so I can create my own stuff, as I'm not at all interested in strumming open chords and singing. I am grateful for the lessons but still, I'll only be taught what I want to learn. My Dad doesn't see education that way (in the last few years his mind has retrograded about 5 decades).
I keep having bad feelings that they all will demand that I turned the amp down no matter how quiet it is, and then my father either shutting the power off or pulling the speaker cable out before it is turned to standby causing the amp to blow up, and then I completely lose my shit... It's worrying me.

Back