Cabinet for VHT Deliverance

Icipher

Picked up a VHT Deliverance 120 head recently and I love it. Only problem is it seems to absolutely hate the Avatar cab I have. I have a 2x12 Contemporary cab with a V30 and a G12H-75 Creamback. With this head it becomes VERY boomy and doesnt sound good at all. So I was wondering other than the matching Delieverance cab which I'd like to try at some point, what would be some good cabinets for this amp? Appreciate any feedback.

I had a super cheap peavey ms412 with v30x75 that sounded incredible with my 100CL. Sounded better than the Vht D412 side by side

VHT Fatbottom with P50e's really bring those amps to life. I was opposed at first listen but after a few days it became very clear that they bring out the best of those amps

KT88's in these amps have a very linear response with no give. So you run the Bass by ear and not where you think it should be compared to you other amps..

I run the bass around 9-10 O'clock..

midnightlaundry":pdi9njwt said:
KT88's in these amps have a very linear response with no give. So you run the Bass by ear and not where you think it should be compared to you other amps..

I run the bass around 9-10 O'clock..

You just assuming I have everything dimed or not know who to work an EQ?

I played a D120 through a normal Bogner 4x12 and it's sounded awesome. With a 7 string too, and not boomy to me.

I’ve had good results with my Ultralead through Bogner/Diezel/Friedman/Wizard/Mills cabs. Some people don’t like Fryette with v30s but I think they sound great. Fanes are definitely my favorite with Fryette though. I love the Fat Bottom cab with Fanes (hate p50es). The Fanes work well in my Wizard cab as well - I use that with a KT88 MTL that makes the UL sound small.

Had mine running through multiple cabs. All sounded great, albeit a bit different.

Genz Benz G-Flex loaded with K85's
VHT Fatbottom with P50E's
Mills Afterburner 4x12 with V30's

Used mine through a Myriad of cabs. The only one I didn't like it through was the D412, ironically. That cab had a weird hollowness to it that I hated.

My favorite was also a shitty old Peavey Butcher cab with k85's IT shined in that cab with how tight those bad boys are.

Bad.Seed":h7cqczvs said:
Used mine through a Myriad of cabs. The only one I didn't like it through was the D412, ironically. That cab had a weird hollowness to it that I hated.

My favorite was also a shitty old Peavey Butcher cab with k85's IT shined in that cab with how tight those bad boys are.

That’s the p50es. Horrible speakers IMO. :LOL: :LOL:

To me the p50e speakers in the deliverance cab compliment it beautifully. The cab needs about 100 hours of use to break in as should

tonesfoyobones":d61j5wdi said:
VHT Fatbottom with P50e's really bring those amps to life. I was opposed at first listen but after a few days it became very clear that they bring out the best of those amps
apophis":d61j5wdi said:
To me the p50e speakers in the deliverance cab compliment it beautifully. The cab needs about 100 hours of use to break in as should
Agree with both of these.

I had the D412 with the P50e. At first I really did not like them at all. Adding them to a full stack was amazing but unrealistic as I was not lugging around 2 cabs for a show.

However when I went to sell the VHT cab I plugged it in one last time. Kind of wish I didn't because it sounded really damn good. Idk what it was, maybe not break in but more that my ears just needed to adjust? Who knows, they are definitely one of a kind and interesting speakers.

My personal and biggest issue with the D412 was I found it to be very directional or beamy. Like laser beams shooting straight out of the cab. I prefer cabs that are 3d or wide where you can walk around the room almost in any position and get the same frequencies. That is mostly why I felt my cheap-o Peavey sounded way better than the VHT cab. Had nothing to do with the speakers as I swapped every possible combination when testing.

I have found the Mills Afterburner to be the absolute best cab for me.

Everyone has a different preference. There is a good price on that VHT cab in the classifieds. Won't hurt to try the matching cab IMO.

maddnotez":2bhbkzep said:
exo-metal":2bhbkzep said:
GC has a vht cab now for $250 used with PE50 speakers
Looks sketchy. Did VHT ever make slants?

A lot of the fatbottoms were slants. This has the telltale corner pieces too

I've been looking at this one for a couple weeks. I don't need it so I'm hesitant to pull the trigger, but what a price.

Bad.Seed":2gg1w2j6 said:
maddnotez":2gg1w2j6 said:
exo-metal":2gg1w2j6 said:
GC has a vht cab now for $250 used with PE50 speakers
Looks sketchy. Did VHT ever make slants?

A lot of the fatbottoms were slants. This has the telltale corner pieces too

I've been looking at this one for a couple weeks. I don't need it so I'm hesitant to pull the trigger, but what a price.

Yeah that is a good deal then. Could get $200 for the speakers alone.

Back