Knucklehead Tre - TOOL

psychodave":36eowujm said:
It’s a cool amp. My friend picked one up recently for $800. It sounded best turned up.

Two truths here, any Rivera is a steal on the used market and they turn into a different amp at about 3.5 on the master.

Dave L":29p9jyjv said:
psychodave":29p9jyjv said:
It’s a cool amp. My friend picked one up recently for $800. It sounded best turned up.

Two truths here, any Rivera is a steal on the used market and they turn into a different amp at about 3.5 on the master.
:rock:
Criminally underrated amps; top shelf quality all the way around. If you are looking for a high gainer with the best cleans on the market, look no further than a Rivera. Had one of Jason Bieler's personal TBR 1SLs and it was a beast....put a little boost in front of the gain channel and it was Saigon Kick Lizard tone all day...

Racerxrated":ybeorcez said:
Dave L":ybeorcez said:
psychodave":ybeorcez said:

Criminally underrated amps; top shelf quality all the way around. If you are looking for a high gainer with the best cleans on the market, look no further than a Rivera. Had one of Jason Bieler's personal TBR 1SLs and it was a beast....put a little boost in front of the gain channel and it was Saigon Kick Lizard tone all day...

Absolutely, I've had a bunch of Riveras over the years and I probably should have kept at least one or two of them. But as we all know, GAS gets the best of you sometimes ;) I think my non-reverb K55 is the amp I´ve done the most shows with, just a workhorse of an amp with rock solid tone.

Dave L":jigie3vo said:
Racerxrated":jigie3vo said:
Dave L":jigie3vo said:
psychodave":jigie3vo said:

Absolutely, I've had a bunch of Riveras over the years and I probably should have kept at least one or two of them. But as we all know, GAS gets the best of you sometimes ;) I think my non-reverb K55 is the amp I´ve done the most shows with, just a workhorse of an amp with rock solid tone.
Yep, absolutely..my last drummer had a TBR 1M because of his Saigon Kick obsession; he just about fell over when I brought the 1SL over with the soldered inscription "to Jason from Paul R" inside the chassis...I may try to buy that back from him at some point...

My K100 and Ktre will be buried with me.

I love them. I am due to do another demo I think of them both.

swamptrashstompboxes":3k4xjyfd said:

Would love to see that! Gigged R30's, a M50, and owned a Knucklehead also back in the day.

Clean channels on all were the best I have ever heard hands down. The gain channels took some tweaking and needed volume but were glorious as well once you could figure them out. Love Rivera's.

fek":2m80dpt3 said:
swamptrashstompboxes":2m80dpt3 said:

Would love to see that! Gigged R30's, a M50, and owned a Knucklehead also back in the day.

Clean channels on all were the best I have ever heard hands down. The gain channels took some tweaking and needed volume but were glorious as well once you could figure them out. Love Rivera's.

Yeah they are great amps especially when you give them volume. I have them dialed in just how I like them. The Tre is a bitch to get dialed in right tbh. And I never have problems dialing any amp in.

Neither need a boost.

Heavenly cleans, especially the K100.

They are keepers for sure.

Sounds awesome. I love my K-tre. It's not the best amp in the arsenal but what it does do is unique in a good way. Gonna have to try your settings later :thumbsup:

I just returned my k Tre an hour ago. JJ E34L's made it more pissed off and nasty. I was practically watching paint peel off of my walls playing on it FFS. I got mine from the old guitarist from Underoath who got it off of Jon Donais of shadow's fall back in the day. SF had some wicked tone live back in the mid 2000's. I saw them seven times.

I'm still trying to find a Tre. I've been playing my Knucklehead II for years now and plenty of other amps have come an gone, but nothing has come close to dethroning the mighty KII. This clip sounds VERY similar to the KII.

Someone sell me a Tre!!!

Back