Who loves FedEx

Exo-metal

Wtf!!!!!! I bought a bridge pu off cl beginning of last week, actually Dec 1st. I'm in Ca, the seller in TX....tracking said it would be here in 4 days and where are we now...the 9th :doh: So again, I track it and I get this...and the weather is fucking just fine!!!!! It's so pathetic that what really worries me is if they can't deliver a pickup how will they handle one of, if not the finest IIC+ I have ever laid eyes on to the factory as we speak :lame: :confused: :doh:

Attachments

• 20191209_221802.jpg
    20191209_221802.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 1,004
Maybe they're monkeys, maybe you're one of them, who knows, they must be fucking smoking crack buttfucking each other backwards high af and to be fair it sprinkled today and it fucking shut those lames down. They're about at full retard strength. Great business plan, fuck everyone :thumbsup:

exo-metal":3w34d6yt said:
Maybe they're monkeys, maybe you're one of them, who knows, they must be fucking smoking crack buttfucking each other backwards high af and to be fair it sprinkled today and it fucking shut those lames down. They're about at full retard strength. Great business plan, fuck everyone :thumbsup:

:hys:

I am UPS shipper when I sell. Haven't had a problem. I do pay the extra for requiring a signature. Fed Ex I have had issues with twice. Bastards.

USPS has impressed me recently. I got an EQ from my friend in Seattle. He shipped it Saturday afternoon and I got it Monday from Seattle to Charlotte NC.

FedEx and UPS are both notoriously slow at this time of year. I have a package from FedEx right now that was supposed to be delivered last Friday. It hit a local center 45 min from here, departed and 4 days later checked in at...the same center where it left. It finally made it to a center 20 min from here and loaded for delivery today, but apparently still hasn't left.

With UPS, I have a package coming from 2.5 hours up the road. It left to come here, and 2 days later, still allegedly hasn't made it to the local center for delivery.

To the above poster, USPS is oddly enough the only one that's consistently gotten packages here in time the last few weeks.

I think they pull out the weather excuse so that they don't have to refund any of the guaranteed delivery shipped items. I don't know how FedEx works, but I used to get stuff shipped Canada post a lot, and it they miss the guaranteed delivery date the shipper can get the shipping costs refunded. I think there is a clause that you won't get a refund if the delay is weather related.

All shipping companies hire holiday help who are basically clueless. I had an order arrive 8 days ago to the buyer, and they juggled it to three different addresses in four days. I spent more time on the phone with Fedex and the buyer than it took to build and pack all four speakers (didn't include the two day break in, of course!).

I've just learned that it's a crappy time of year to expect delivery on time. Hell, even my car parts from NJ/NY area are still delayed due to some storm warning crap, and they're coming DHL, then handed off to USPS.

Ordered on 12/1, shipped 12/2, message sent out the same day via email:

Effective Dec 2, 2019 - Dec 3, 2019: Greetings: Your package experienced a delay while in transit to you due to poor weather and road conditions. We apologize for any inconvenience. Kindly allow an additional 24 hours beyond the estimated delivery date for it to be delivered. Thank you for your patience as we work through this weather event.

They all will take a detour with packages eventually. I've had Priority Mail packages go several states away. I shipped 4 boxes to the same location with UPS. One of the four was a day later than the other three. Point being is if it's not a guaranteed service, overnight, 2 or 3 day, then you're rolling the dice.

There's a dude I work with with a brother that owns a great big storage rental place. He says this time of year UPS rents out two of his largest units and use it as a backup warehouse. Literally, when stuff arrives at the actual shipping center, they turn it around, load it on a local truck, send it to this storage facility (where it's checked in as being back at the local shipping center, which is clear across town), sits there until they have a lull, then gets loaded on another local truck, sent back to the shipping center (checked in again), *THEN* if the lull persists, goes out for deliver. However, if things get jammin' again, there's a chance that package will be part of the random assortment that gets tossed back on a truck to go to the storage facility for another round of waiting around.

Hell of a way to do business. FIFO is for suckers. Fuck all ya shipping companies. Lousy losers.

I used to do field service work on medical equipment, had a very critical part worth about $40,000 shipped overnight express to a location about 3 hrs drive from the head office. I flew clear across the country to install the part, but it didn't arrive. I stayed there for three days trying to find where it is, and no one has any clue. We didn't have another part, or I would have just drove to the office to pick it up. I had to fly home for the weekend, and fly back the next week to wait for the part. It eventually arrived after waiting 2 more days. After that I never trust the estimated delivery dates.

GuitarGuyLP":2ytaiwtx said:
I used to do field service work on medical equipment, had a very critical part worth about $40,000 shipped overnight express to a location about 3 hrs drive from the head office. I flew clear across the country to install the part, but it didn't arrive. I stayed there for three days trying to find where it is, and no one has any clue. We didn't have another part, or I would have just drove to the office to pick it up. I had to fly home for the weekend, and fly back the next week to wait for the part. It eventually arrived after waiting 2 more days. After that I never trust the estimated delivery dates.

Now THAT is a fuck up.

I buy tons of Harley parts online / my living. Believe me USPS cannot be beat these days. DHL is the worst followed by UPS and FedEx no particular order.

I’ve had unbelievable issues with FedEx recently. “Weather” issues are just the start... I’ve never experienced such ineptitude. I’ve gotten “Scheduled for Delivery today” since last week. Still nothing.

panhead":46vxf3s2 said:
I buy tons of Harley parts online / my living. Believe me USPS cannot be beat these days. DHL is the worst followed by UPS and FedEx no particular order.
Ya we are getting our ass kicked these days at USPS. But seems like are beating our ‘expected delivery date’ that’s on the label. Only thing ‘guaranteed’ is the Express mail service though.
Happy holidays :rock:

Mailman1971":lpjlxp6d said:
panhead":lpjlxp6d said:
Ya we are getting our ass kicked these days at USPS. But seems like are beating our ‘expected delivery date’ that’s on the label. Only thing ‘guaranteed’ is the Express mail service though.
Happy holidays :rock:

Hey Dan. I’ve noticed the local USPS delivery guys are working crazy hours here in Ca. What gives? Is it Amazon since the FedEx thing went sideways? Just curious. I asked one of the guys the other day and he said they can’t get people to to pass the drug screening here in Santa Cruz! Go figure....

It’s definitely Amazon. We had carriers out here Monday till 9pm delivering in the dark!
It’s really revved up over the past 5 years.

swamptrashstompboxes":hou0eb7r said:
I am UPS shipper when I sell. Haven't had a problem. I do pay the extra for requiring a signature. Fed Ex I have had issues with twice. Bastards.

Just the opposite for me . UPS is like a bunch of monkeys trying to f##k a football . At least when they come to my house .
I've actually had fedex packages show up a day early . UPS takes the slow boat to china and drags the package behind the truck.

SO I at least like fedex ........LOVE is a strong word

Back