What are your predictions for the next decade?

MrDowntown":19x2hlrc said:
...at some point...years after we're all gone...the world will have forgotten or never heard of the Hendrix-Vaughn-Halen-Moore-etc's (the guitar gods we grew up to)... some kid, some where, will pick up a guitar, play some old licks that were originally cut in the 60's-70's, and the world will be set on fire again, and The Music will be reborn...
I admire your attitude, but such a scenerio is highly unlikely. Due to unfettered immigration, combined with an unsustainable fertility rate, the future of the USA (and UK) is one of Islamic domination. Not only will western music be outlawed, stringed instruments will be prohibitted. i.e. Haram. Well, not completely... they can be used, as long as the music is deemed celebratory and/or beneficial to Islam. No one will know who Hendrix, Vaughn, Moore, and Van Halen were, because all such recordings will have been destroyed. You can't blame political parties, as they are all on-board. This is not a slam on any religion, or any ethnic group... it is a statistical fact.

Goat":3d3hgadx said:
I admire your attitude, but such a scenerio is highly unlikely. Due to unfettered immigration, combined with an unsustainable fertility rate, the future of the USA (and UK) is one of Islamic domination. Not only will western music be outlawed, stringed instruments will be prohibitted. i.e. Haram. Well, not completely... they can be used, as long as the music is deemed celebratory and/or beneficial to Islam. No one will know who Hendrix, Vaughn, Moore, and Van Halen were, because all such recordings will have been destroyed. You can't blame political parties, as they are all on-board. This is not a slam on any religion, or any ethnic group... it is a statistical fact.

All the better reason for the protection of the constitution, and specifically in this case "Separation of Church and State". Not knocking any religions either, I think it's great that everyone get's to choose, and practice there own, or none at all. But when the predominant religion in the US keeps creeping into politics, and influencing laws, you open the door to other religions to do the same. Keep that in mind at all times.

Bad.Seed":2lrj3a0u said:
Oh, yeah. I have still yet to hear a digital platform that can do what my 100 watt splawn through 2 4x12 cabs can do. But if it ever happens, count me the fuck in.
Fuck yeah brother :cheers:

And yeah, let's please keep the politics/religion stuff out of my thread - I don't want it closed :D

PS: I have a tech job

e0543dfae812de8b0ad1de22a4d2784e1eb29c45.jpg

CNutz":2jtnodx5 said:
Goat":2jtnodx5 said:

All the better reason for the protection of the constitution, and specifically in this case "Separation of Church and State". Not knocking any religions either, I think it's great that everyone get's to choose, and practice there own, or none at all. But when the predominant religion in the US keeps creeping into politics, and influencing laws, you open the door to other religions to do the same. Keep that in mind at all times.
Go USA! :rock:

Good. Sell all that lovely tube gear...i'm here waiting !

never been a better time to be a guitar player

As long as corks are legal, we'll have sniffers.

I buy the most fascinating gear for a good, well at great prices all the time and it's only getting better. Stuff that was $$$$$ 30-40 years ago is now $$$ in the recording world (SSL recording desks that were $1,000,000 can be had for $50,000 or less, a Sony PCM recorder that was $500,000 can be had for $5000) and $$$$ is $$$ for guitar gear.

I see only the flavor of the moment gear selling for high prices, everything I craved in the 80's & 90's is now priced where I can have too much gear and not enough room.

Back