Fortin Sigil

The last time the Canadian dollar was at par with the US dollar, it was over ten years ago. It really puts a damper on gear purchases or travelling. Our prices on Marshalls definitely seem to be better than the US, not sure why, different trade rules I guess.

Interesting conversation..

Young bloods trashing a "forum" guy for getting a signature amp.

Crab bucket mentality in full effect.

dainbramage0":2ju22lzh said:

There’s only one guy questioning Jason’s validity in the thread...

dainbramage0":ut0qtir1 said:

Crab Bucket? Yeah I got a few I live on the Gulf of Mexico. I was playing in clubs when you and this Jason were in grade school. My point is the rock music world has shifted to null. This internet thing has contributed to it immensely youre probably to young recognize that. I mean how many amps do you really think Fortin will sell based on this, a couple dozen tops?

Well evidently he/fortin doesn't have much originality. As far as amps Id say he had his chance with randall and Kirk hammett. I mean love or hate that`s about as high profile endorsement you could get. Still not much success. Oh well

swamptrashstompboxes":32x2e4io said:
crankyrayhanky":32x2e4io said:
I wish the Sigil had big glass like the MT PRS lunchbox or Marshall offerings. Could still be cool though...

+1 but the 6V6 in my Supersport aren't bad. IMO better glass than EL84.
Fixed biased 6V6's aren't half bad. Fixed biased 6L6's/EL34's would've been better, but JJ 6V6S's aren't too bad at all, and they do sound a lot bigger than other 6V6's. Almost like mini 6L6's.

panhead":1w99wde9 said:
I mean how many amps do you really think Fortin will sell based on this, a couple dozen tops?

Not many. Fartin's target demographic is that djenty-new-age-metal millennial group with interest in this sort of music with enough disposable income to afford his products... a small group to begin with...

Factor in the predisposition of this small sub-group to favor and prefer modeling, plug-ins, and software over old fashioned tube amps. Fartin's 30 seconds of fame won't last long because as soon as the next mid-boosted, brewtally djenty plug-in... with even more metallic clanking mid-range than ever before hits... or the next hot preamp pedal with built in IR loader and line outs hits... adios Fartin muchaho... welcome to last year.

Maybe Fartin is searching the globe right now to find the next amp design to pilfer and pass off as a wet stank Fartin original. A lifted German design... marketed by some guy in Canada... built in UK, China, or wherever the parts and labor are the cheapest. That's globalization for you.

:LOL: :LOL: :yes: :D

Thanks for all the love guys! The SIGIL has been super well-received, and we basically had a line to check it and the Pumpkin out at NAMM the entire time. Great feedback! We appreciate the support!

Back