Fortin Sigil

nigelpkay

81279012_2993295064034703_1589682595862413312_o.jpg

So what’s everyone best guess for this before NAMM?

Looks like something the size of a Thrasher 50 or smaller. Maybe a single channel Natas or something similar? I’m loving the Fortin NTS plugin so I’m hoping I can actually afford this :LOL: :LOL:

From the handle proportions, looks like a small-ish box head (not quite a lunch box, but small). Presumably then somewhere 30 to 50 watts.

Cosmetics are more modern, so maybe not something like a mini-Cali or Meshuggah.

I saw on the Facebook page that someone fixed the colouring and yeah it looks cool. I think it had a built in boost, my guess is a grind circuit built in. I’m sure it’ll sound good, his list few amps have been great

indespise":r5s9hiaa said:
Hmm, what would Fortin charge for a lunchbox head... $2000 maybe?

I'm sure the hype and "first" batch preorders will drive that up, with "barely" used ones showing up in the classifieds for double, whatever that may be.

In the comments on his Facebook page, he said it is two channel with a tube fx loop.
So I’m guessing it’s a mini-Natas. I’m hoping for 50 watt. As I said I am really enjoying the Fortin NTS Neural DSP plug-in, and hoping I can afford this as opposed to a full size amp. If I had to guess it will be around $2250.

On Facebook someone was saying that it was going to surprise people by the price. I'm going to guess 14-1800. I just wish it wouldn't be limited edition. I really wanted a Cali but for me to grab something this expensive and stay married I would have to sell some things. I always worry I'm going to sell a couple pieces of gear then when I get the money up it's sold out. I'm not just this way with Fortin amps but anything limited edition guitar related. I love Solar guitars but there have been several limited edition guitars I wish I could have grabbed that I didn't bother for this reason. I guess the plus side is a Fortin is a better investment being limited edition than say a standard Friedman, KSR, etc. If you sell it you should at least be able to break even if not profit.

I'm no good with Photoshop but I messed with some levels to get more details and a better picture of it.

mDgGv0j.jpg

kylendm":29bg8azw said:
I'm no good with Photoshop but I messed with some levels to get more details and a better picture of it.

mDgGv0j.jpg
That's pretty neat, i think it confirms that it's gonna be a lunchbox model.

If it's a 50-watt lunchbox modern, high-gain amp NOT based on a Marshall circuit, then it might pique my interest.

napalmdeath":c1nxnjcw said:
Tubes look like either 2 EL34's, or 6V6. Look too far to be EL84's.

Thank God it is not EL84. 6V6's aren't a bad tube for a low wattage amp.

ClintN667":14ov6fz3 said:
Maybe its something like the Natas or Satan seeing how Randall isnt building them anymore.

The Sigil of Lucifer is on the front panel, satan reference probably implies its a lunchbox natas or based off the natas.

mhenson42":3mxy1v3i said:
ClintN667":3mxy1v3i said:
Maybe its something like the Natas or Satan seeing how Randall isnt building them anymore.

The Sigil of Lucifer is on the front panel, satan reference probably implies its a lunchbox natas or based off the natas.

He's saying no, to just about every guess being made here. It's certainly a fresh amp, not a mini-this, or mini-that. It's exactly what it looks like, a two-channel, 50 watt head with tube-buffered FX loop. What it's features are, or what it does, remains to be seen. I'll certainly keep an eye on it, myself. If it's under 2k, has quality iron, and has that Fortin Grind, (why wouldn't it), I'm in. I'm over the Randalls, their QC, and just plain shitty business model. They're a joke.

Hell, their website is gone, because all their artists are. They have nothing left to milk.

napalmdeath":2jpqihhu said:
mhenson42":2jpqihhu said:
ClintN667":2jpqihhu said:

He's saying no, to just about every guess being made here. It's certainly a fresh amp, not a mini-this, or mini-that. It's exactly what it looks like, a two-channel, 50 watt head with tube-buffered FX loop. What it's features are, or what it does, remains to be seen. I'll certainly keep an eye on it, myself. If it's under 2k, has quality iron, and has that Fortin Grind, (why wouldn't it), I'm in. I'm over the Randalls, their QC, and just plain shitty business model. They're a joke.

Hell, their website is gone, because all their artists are. They have nothing left to milk.

To be fair, I had a Bones and it did NOT have "that Fortin grind". So you never know... It could sound like whatever.
Also, that Bones I had was the best built amp I've ever owned. It was impressive.

Back