NAD Monomyth Amplification 1974 JMP Black Sun

RedPlated":3r0fadrg said:
Thunkful":3r0fadrg said:
Man that's a sweet axe, i might have to get a black super strat myself. Thinking about getting a pacer/baretta style body from KNE and sending it to GMW for coating. :D

Psychodave actually had this one sprayed by Lee. It used to be white. Legit paint job, looks great.
Black just works on guitar bodies so well. Will probably go for black as well for my next partscaster. :D

Thunkful":mg3dnv0u said:
Btw Shea, Which amps do you accept as a modding platform for your mods? Only Marshalls or?

Marshall’s or very tidy built clones with nice irons

Can u add a loop? I have a 4 holer 800 that would be a good candidate. These originals did not have loops but I will need one with so much front end gain.

thenine":sf96zhw3 said:
Can u add a loop? I have a 4 holer 800 that would be a good candidate. These originals did not have loops but I will need one with so much front end gain.

Yes, he can. He added a Metro loop to the 74 Super lead he did for me. Works perfect.

Monomyth":2j9evodv said:
rm5153":2j9evodv said:
Sounds killer. Let me know when you do another like this. This is the tone that I love.
All of my latest amps have this quality, it’s where I end up, the rest is up to you :thumbsup:

Interested in what you do, do you have a mod list+price list?

thenine":2ib9zwnj said:

I’ll do one of those as long as the board isn’t mounted on the pots, if you can email me a gutshot I can confirm

Hana Song":lm5js02j said:
Monomyth":lm5js02j said:
rm5153":lm5js02j said:
Sounds killer. Let me know when you do another like this. This is the tone that I love.
All of my latest amps have this quality, it’s where I end up, the rest is up to you :thumbsup:

The price varies some, if I’m being honest there’s no way I’m going to be able to keep up with demand, Im going to try to release some amps I source myself but at this time If everybody that’s contacted me follows through I won’t be available until the summer.

Monomyth":timw730w said:
Hana Song":timw730w said:
Monomyth":timw730w said:
rm5153":timw730w said:

The price varies some, if I’m being honest there’s no way I’m going to be able to keep up with demand, Im going to try to release some amps I source myself but at this time If everybody that’s contacted me follows through I won’t be available until the summer.
Wow! Good for you, man! Glad I jumped on one early. :thumbsup:

Beyond Black":4u9wuylm said:
Monomyth":4u9wuylm said:
Hana Song":4u9wuylm said:
Monomyth":4u9wuylm said:
rm5153":4u9wuylm said:

Wow! Good for you, man! Glad I jumped on one early. :thumbsup:
:thumbsup:

That's good news Shea. You deserve the work...and we are lucky to have you. I can't imagine, after playing mine, a better modded Marshall sound. It's the perfect Marshall for my ears. Just love it.

Monomyth":35s0vq92 said:
Hana Song":35s0vq92 said:
Monomyth":35s0vq92 said:
rm5153":35s0vq92 said:

I agree, you deserve the work. You're an outstanding guy to deal with, easy going, and stand behind your product. You've discovered something with these circuits that, in my opinion, others haven't been able to. It's the best of everything with no compromises. That's very hard to accomplish.

RedPlated":31xr22q9 said:
Monomyth":31xr22q9 said:
Hana Song":31xr22q9 said:
Monomyth":31xr22q9 said:
rm5153":31xr22q9 said:

I agree, you deserve the work. You're an outstanding guy to deal with, easy going, and stand behind your product. You've discovered something with these circuits that, in my opinion, others haven't been able to. It's the best of everything with no compromises. That's very hard to accomplish.
So how’s it stand up to the CCV?

LP Freak":3jzzgpbv said:
RedPlated":3jzzgpbv said:
Monomyth":3jzzgpbv said:
Hana Song":3jzzgpbv said:
Monomyth":3jzzgpbv said:
rm5153":3jzzgpbv said:

So how’s it stand up to the CCV?

They’re different, really. The CCV is more of a refined, polite amp like the Friedmans. The Monomyth is more aggressive, much “bigger” sounding. The Monomyth is a ride-the-volume knob amp, and it does a great job at that. It gets super high gain and saturated but cleans up extremely well.

Another great thing about these mods are what Shea does with the feel. They can sound tight while having that slinky feeling that makes it great to really dig in.

LP Freak":11h57d4c said:
Another great thing about these mods are what Shea does with the feel. They can sound tight while having that slinky feeling that makes it great to really dig in.

I think I may need one of these :confused: :yes:

suhrimmetal":3qtygaet said:
LP Freak":3qtygaet said:

I think I may need one of these :confused: :yes:
Take a road trip and you can try mine out. :thumbsup:

Back