Saw the Gibson Toni Iommi SG monkey for 2020

sutepaj":edo4gwa8 said:
exo-metal":edo4gwa8 said:
LCW":edo4gwa8 said:
exo-metal":edo4gwa8 said:
Fuck gibson...can't wait for them to go away and take their corporate take on the biz with them.

That’s funny coming from a guy playing Jacksons. Lol
What does Jackson have to do with Gibson?

Jackson is just as corporate minded as Gibson. You might like their guitars better but the facts are facts. It's like saying you hate McDonalds because they are so corporate, that's why you eat Burger King.

NO KIDDING!!! LOL

I'm glad I play Charvel USA Pro Mods from the 2000's instead of all that corporate nonsense!

Nearly all my guitars are old, without scarf joints and didn't cost me $4k...not a single one is a Fender era piece so get your fact straight. Further the comment about going to McDonald's is off, you can't get what you want from Gibson. Jackson(fender) will build you what you want at the end of the day and it will cost you but not nearly as much as Gibson by a mile IF they will even do it and they are more likely to say no.

sytharnia1560":f7hmsfeb said:
exo-metal":f7hmsfeb said:
LCW":f7hmsfeb said:
exo-metal":f7hmsfeb said:
Fuck gibson...can't wait for them to go away and take their corporate take on the biz with them.

That’s funny coming from a guy playing Jacksons. Lol
What does Jackson have to do with Gibson?

I think he is referring to the fact Fender own Jackson and that Fender are pretty much the same type of corporate business

Yes that was my point. Not a slam on them, but they are just as "corporate" as anyone else.

And of course many of their shapes based on other brands' (especially Gibson) shapes... V inspired... Explorer inspired...

These will sell out and they will have no problem selling them.

I get it if they priced these at what they are and they sit on shelves for years like some one off Jackson or Charvel custom creations. Then by all means trash them.

I honestly would like to hear someone who buys one of these review the guitar and give their opinions of it but honestly this place has become "Komrad-Talk" bitching about the price of everything so no new people with killer gear don't want to share clips or video of what they have because they don't want to be piled on by the "go be rich somewhere else" crowd.

I know lots of EVH fans here and I know some post here that spent big bucks on the recent reissues and they simply won't post about their purchase here because they don't want to get shit on for spending what they did on the guitar.

Imagine if someone posted a video with a real Klon pedal and not a knock off, oh my GOD!!!!! Poop parade city, even though they may have bought it years ago for less than a 1000 dollars. I honestly would rather hear clips of a real Klon instead of the same old knock offs. :doh:

Sucks because I"m getting tired of the same old threads: partscaster, mkIII and insert flavor of the month guitar/amp priced at 4k or below retail thread. I want to see some cool rare shit or shit that maybe viewed as "expensive" and no I'm not buying an Iommi SG but probably will get an Adam Jones Les Paul.

EXPcustom":87lb0gie said:
These will sell out and they will have no problem selling them.

I get it if they priced these at what they are and they sit on shelves for years like some one off Jackson or Charvel custom creations. Then by all means trash them.

I honestly would like to hear someone who buys one of these review the guitar and give their opinions of it but honestly this place has become "Komrad-Talk" bitching about the price of everything so no new people with killer gear don't want to share clips or video of what they have because they don't want to be piled on by the "go be rich somewhere else" crowd.

I know lots of EVH fans here and I know some post here that spent big bucks on the recent reissues and they simply won't post about their purchase here because they don't want to get shit on for spending what they did on the guitar.

Imagine if someone posted a video with a real Klon pedal and not a knock off, oh my GOD!!!!! Poop parade city, even though they may have bought it years ago for less than a 1000 dollars. I honestly would rather hear clips of a real Klon instead of the same old knock offs. :doh:

Sucks because I"m getting tired of the same old threads: partscaster, mkIII and insert flavor of the month guitar/amp priced at 4k or below retail thread. I want to see some cool rare shit or shit that maybe viewed as "expensive" and no I'm not buying an Iommi SG but probably will get an Adam Jones Les Paul.

Ultimately everyone should be able to share about their gear regardless of cost. Since this is not the case, its going to take people sticking their neck out and posting about their expensive purchases and potentially taking the negative comments. Just like someone who buys a cheap Asian built clone taking the comments that comes with that.

That's not what this forum is or was about "sticking out your neck" to share about a piece of gear. This is Rig-Talk you.know a forum about gear not bitching about prices of gear.

It's like the New Zealand gun forum where an American joined and posted pics of his AR15 and got ridiculed for being a civilian that shouldn't own that type of stuff without extensive background checks.

There shouldn't really be a "risk" posting about any type of gear, I never saw anyone get slammed for posting a pic or vid of an Edwards Les Paul.

I'm doing the best I can Jason. I just bought a 71' superbass with laydown mains. I don't think it's that rare but if I ever get a chance to buy a chrome 2100 or another string through korina I'll post it I promise.

exo-metal":1e60a0ss said:
I'm doing the best I can Jason. I just bought a 71' superbass with laydown mains. I don't think it's that rare but if I ever get a chance to buy a chrome 2100 or another string through korina I'll post it I promise.

Wasn't directed at you at all, TJ.

I was just talking about how there seem to be more threads bitching about the price of a piece of gear instead of a thread discussing and reviewing a piece of gear.

Imagine a forum where every thread complains about the cost of an item. No actual discussion about said item goes down, what was the purpose? Manufacturers obviously aren't lowering prices due to complaints, especially if items are selling. Owner who purchased discussed item doesn't want to share because he doesn't want to be ridiculed for paying of said item and being called an idiot even though item will be appreciating in value 90% of the time.

Then the forum devolves into just a bunch of dudes bitching about prices of new stuff they can't afford, clips of same old gear and that's it.

Fuck it .... I’m buying one!! :LOL: :LOL:

Not really. But why slam me if I did? ;)

I just sold a expensive amp to buy an arcade machine?
Why? My choice. My money.
If I wanna buy a pile of dirt for 2 grand (ya that’s pretty foolish) :LOL: :LOL:
Not everyone is gonna cheer me on. HIGH FIVES!!
I buy lot of stupid things. :D

More power to you Mr. Mail Man! :thumbsup:

I'm sure a bunch of angry parents from our parents generation(Boomers) would be making threads based upon "the stupid amount of money my son or daughter is spending on stupid video games." :cry:

Mailman1971":2ckcclnp said:

If I wanna buy a pile of dirt for 2 grand (ya that’s pretty foolish) :LOL: :LOL:

I have a better idea. Instead of buying that Gibson, you could buy many more Jaydees at that price, and give them to some of your forum pals..... - Mike (RR) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

romanianreaper":3h0lpnsw said:
Mailman1971":3h0lpnsw said:

I have a better idea. Instead of buying that Gibson, you could buy many more Jaydees at that price, and give them to some of your forum pals..... - Mike (RR) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Ha! I would never buy one that price.
Not even a TI fan actually.
I’ve bought some of Lynch’s personal guitars for 4K.
So this does seem extreme to me. :LOL: :LOL:

Mailman1971":2f6lknjp said:
romanianreaper":2f6lknjp said:
Mailman1971":2f6lknjp said:

Did you get the green tiger that was up on Ebay? That one was awesome I wanted it.

Anyways I think the early to late 2000's there was some amazing guitars on Ebay and some crazy artist owned gear that showed up and went cheap by todays standards. Pretty much 5k or less would get you a dream artist owned gear back then.

I hate getting old. :cry:

EXPcustom":7wybzykt said:
Mailman1971":7wybzykt said:
romanianreaper":7wybzykt said:
Mailman1971":7wybzykt said:

Did you get the green tiger that was up on Ebay? That one was awesome I wanted it.

Anyways I think the early to late 2000's there was some amazing guitars on Ebay and some crazy artist owned gear that showed up and went cheap by todays standards. Pretty much 5k or less would get you a dream artist owned gear back then.

I hate getting old. :cry:

I bought Lynch’s custom ESP ULTRATONE.
Swear to god. That was the BEST SOUNDING guitar I’ve ever owned.
And I’ve had tons of rock star owned guitars. That was my addict in the early 2000’s. :rock:
Think his was the only one that had a floyd.
Owned one of his black/white serpents. It sounded ok.
Had the COA signed by lynch and the president of ESP
Went to sell it later on eBay. Listed it.
Dick faces attacking me saying it wasn’t real.
People are crazy. Haha
Sold it to a private collector. :thumbsup:

GreatRedDragon":v34g93qm said:
Pricing is ridiculous.

You can custom order a Jaydee Old Boy, the exact guitar Tony has used for the last forty years, for $3000.

godgrinder":v34g93qm said:
Should just order a Jaydee instead since that's what he actually plays.
]

I woued say that is wrong and the jaydee did only become ikonic In the late 2000 with the last reuionen with ronni.the most importent guitars tony did use and make all the ikonic riffs we love is the monkey and the John birtch custom 24 fret cross guitar.
I am gone try to make a timeline over the guitars Tony did use.

The ozzy era and first 6 albums and to 1976 tonys main guitar was the gibson monkey afther that it was retired AS a tour guitar and was only use In the studio.
From 1976 and to the end off the ozzy era the John birch was the main guitar.now the jaydee was his backup to the John birch but was rarly used.
The John birch guitar was also the main guitar with ronni to 1983 and the jaydee was still the backup but did replace the monkey AS the studio guitar and was used on some overdubbs on heaven and hell.at this time Tony did also Get jaydee to make some more guitars that was based on the jaydee but got other pickups and one was black and the other red and they got a stripe with wood In the middel of the guitar.they was usen on and off untill 1996 before Tony did sell them late 90 early 2000.

Now from 1983 to around 1987/88 Tony did use diffrent guitars also a custom bc ritch.

From around 1987/88 and to tony did go back with ronni Tony did use the jaydee AS the his main guitar and the other jaydees with middel stripe mostly the black one.the John birch was more or less retired but used AS a studio guitar.
note:look on the music videos with powell the jaydee is more or less pristine and In good shape.i woued guess it it woued be like we know it to day In the mid 90 afther the break up with ronni whene sabbat was least populaire and did tour a lot In sout america before the reunion with ozzy.

Now 1990/reunion with ronni the jaydee was his main but he also got some gibsons.one black standard with 24 frets and floyd rose.later replase by a white custom with floyd rose.
Afther the break up with ronni In 1992 he did use diffrent guitars and In 1993 got a signature with Patrick eagle untill the renunion with ozzy.
1995/96 Tony did Get a new standard with 24 frets to make his signature picup.seen on the paranoid doc. They did also make his custom sg that he woued use In the ozzy reunion.

The first ozzy renunion 1997/98 His main guitars was the gibson customs.his main was the red and the black was the backup to the red later on but late 90 was also used with diffrent tunings..before the red was stolen at the tribute to ronni gig.the jaydee was more or less only used on paranoid.

Mid late 2000 last renunion with ronni the jaydee was his main guitar and the black gibson custom AS a backup to the jaydee.also did use some gibsons like his white custom with floyd rose.

The 13era he used the jaydee early before he Get 4 i think jaydee old boys made to replace the old jaydee old boy.

The end era to date the new old boys along with his black gibson custom

Now dont Get me wrong the jaydee did Get used but was not used more than the John birch and the gibson customs and is not the one he did make all the ikonic riffs on.that woued be the monkey and John birch guitar unless you did like the late 80 era best. So to say that the monkey is not a guitar that is wanted by early/ozzy fans and just Get a jaydee old boy is wrong i think.it is the most wanted early sabbath era guitar i woued say.and its shame That whene we Get a one the price is so hige and made in so limited nr.as others have said buy a special and mod it you self it woued be mutch cheaper and the same pickups you can buy from John birch.

This forum was better prior to the Larry shit and God forbid Cameron pop up.

Me if its over $2k used I am not interested. Most of what I own is cheap, but it works for me
I have no problem with me having cheap gear. I don't feel pressured at all.

Back