Friedman Jake Lee Signature Amp

Jake dye his hair blonde?
Not trying to sound like an ass .....
But if a Mailman amp was being released....,
Bet your fucking ass I would be rocking it!! :rock:
Jake missed out in my eyes on this chance.
Why even say it’s his sig amp? It’s a red modded Marshall.
Sounds good though. :thumbsup:

Slightly off topic, but why the “E. Lee”? I have been an Ozzy and Jake fan for decades and have never understood where that name came from, or why?

Was he a fan of Robert E Lee? Why didn’t Zakk go with Zakk B. Hays as a tribute to Rutherford?

Gitfiddler":2glkhapr said:
Slightly off topic, but why the “E. Lee”? I have been an Ozzy and Jake fan for decades and have never understood where that name came from, or why?

Was he a fan of Robert E Lee? Why didn’t Zakk go with Zakk B. Hays as a tribute to Rutherford?

Because someone somewhere along the lines didn’t think Jakey Lou Williams was a cool enough stage name.

Mr. Willy":25qq5fx3 said:
Gitfiddler":25qq5fx3 said:

Because someone somewhere along the lines didn’t think Jakey Lou Williams was a cool enough stage name.
:LOL: :LOL:

Mr. Willy":25sqkvr1 said:

and they were right ... well if he was guitarist for Kenny Rogers that name would have been fine :LOL: :LOL:

Gitfiddler":35s7d3pd said:

the name came from Jakey ... changed to Jake E and the Lee is because Jake was/is a huge Bruce Lee fan

Dave must have cut him on the sale of the amp cause this RDC aint making no money. Greg Chassion played bass in the start but said he couldn't continue cause of the lack of money.

panhead":1q2162u5 said:
Dave must have cut him on the sale of the amp cause this RDC aint making no money. Greg Chassion played bass in the start but said he couldn't continue cause of the lack of money.

Greg was the actually the 2nd bass player in the revolving door that band and going on for that first albums tour . Chances are pretty good the money issue is what made him decide to leave. Supposedly Gregs new band Kings Of Dust has some music coming out in March

RDC never came to town so I never got to see them, but I can't imagine the revolving door did much for their reputation. They had a disastrous public debut with that drunk ass singer and after that there didn't seem to be any momentum. At this point Jake's comeback seems to be more about gear than the music.

Say what you will about Zakk Wylde but he was able to get out of Ozzy's shadow, get a real band off the ground and he's still at it twenty years later.

GreatRedDragon":3jb1mx7p said:
RDC never came to town so I never got to see them, but I can't imagine the revolving door did much for their reputation. They had a disastrous public debut with that drunk ass singer and after that there didn't seem to be any momentum. At this point Jake's comeback seems to be more about gear than the music.

Say what you will about Zakk Wylde but he was able to get out of Ozzy's shadow, get a real band off the ground and he's still at it twenty years later.
Jake got out of Ozzy's shadow WAY back in 89 with Badlands. Much better all the way around than anything he did with Ozzy. Most Jake fans dig the Badlands stuff at least as much, if not more than the Ozzy records.

GreatRedDragon":3ch9l43c said:

Yeah that was pretty bad that Darrin Smiths first gig and he was drunk , he’ll never live that down. I also think a lot people wanted a Ray Gillen clone even after all those years and Darrin was no Ray

Back