2020 Epiphone Les Paul Modern Electric Guitar

I'm a bit pro Epiphone at this point, and I'm a long time Gibson snob (historics, collector's choice, that sort of thing).

Just picked up my first Epiphone a couple of weeks ago on a whim, a Les Paul Custom Pro. Maybe I just got lucky and got a particularly good one, but I can't believe how good it is. Smooth fret work, plays great. And my biggest surprise of all....it stays in tune!! The nut is supposed to be cheap, but I can't throw this thing out of tune and I'm a metal/shred guy who bends notes left and right.

So OP, I would not hesitate to check one out, and I do like the finish on that one. Not sure how the weight relief will factor in, mine is a solid body model. Mine has the same ProBuckers and I would say you "may" want to swap out pickups, but they are hardly rubbish. They lack a little meat, but not unpleasant at all, they definitely have some PAFish DNA to them. After adjusting my EQ a bit I'm getting some good tone. I may replace them later but not an immediate need.

I proudly include my Epi now in my Gibson collection, sits right next to a Murphy Ultra Aged True Historic R9 and holds its own just fine. I'm honestly thinking about picking up another one. Post a NGD if you grab one, would be curious to hear if you have a similar experience!

I set up an Epi LP Custom a while back for a guy I know, it was quite amazing how well that guitar played. Not saying it’s as good as a Gibson but it played magnificent and fit and finish was stellar. Maybe just a good one but I was impressed.

Back