Dunky’s N' Demos Winter NAMM 2020 video thread!

Nice vídeos but I would appreciate it more if it shows the amplifiers specs as the knobs functions, MIDI, loop...
Since some of them has clean channel why not play thru them too and not just the Chugga Chugga?

turtlefingers":17y4gvc4 said:
Nice vídeos but I would appreciate it more if it shows the amplifiers specs as the knobs functions, MIDI, loop...
Since some of them has clean channel why not play thru them too and not just the Chugga Chugga?
NAMM is not where these would happen. When I demo amps at home I do a full play through. NAMM is kind of get it in where you can and no one is buying the Fortin/Omega/Driftwood stuff for the cleans.

When I do the Captor X and Revv I show more off that stuff. Check through my YouTube channel. There's definitely more "robust" vids on there.

Good work. Really great stuff. :thumbsup: :yes:

You need to do more of these... I prefer your no BS style of demos... and you get right to the meat of the subject matter.

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Wizard of Ozz":3a26lruz said:
Good work. Really great stuff. :thumbsup: :yes:

You need to do more of these... I prefer your no BS style of demos... and you get right to the meat of the subject matter.

:yes: :yes: :yes:
Dude thanks so much! Really appreciate that.

maddnotez":3a26lruz said:
Wizard of Ozz":3a26lruz said:
you get right to the meat

My kinda demo :emofag: :emofag:
Ha!

Mailman1971":3cdul0ji said:
Nice stuff Jer!!
That driftwood. Wow!! :rock:
Thanks brother! Yeah that Driftwood is GIRTHY! And that was just the IR out! Wish I mic’d it so I could go back and forth. Trying to get Driftwood to send me one to demo properly.

JerEvil":2uz1hjl6 said:
Mailman1971":2uz1hjl6 said:
Nice stuff Jer!!
Thanks brother! Yeah that Driftwood is GIRTHY! And that was just the IR out! Wish I mic’d it so I could go back and forth. Trying to get Driftwood to send me one to demo properly.
So that was just camera mic? Damn. It did sound ballsy af.

How do the irs work? I assume the cab was making the sounds so was it just some kind of frfr cab the irs go through? Maybe need to watch again.

That 2nd omega amp was unbelievably tight as well.

maddnotez":3kf55pkb said:
JerEvil":3kf55pkb said:
Mailman1971":3kf55pkb said:
Nice stuff Jer!!
So that was just camera mic? Damn. It did sound ballsy af.

How do the irs work? I assume the cab was making the sounds so was it just some kind of frfr cab the irs go through? Maybe need to watch again.

That 2nd omega amp was unbelievably tight as well.
Oh God no! It was an XLR from the impulse response out on the back of the amp into the interface that I bring with me to record. So basically that’s exactly what the amp would sound like going direct to front of house. And yes, the second omega amp is insane!

So Jer obviously lots of killer new amps this year .Your demos were excellent especially considering the logistics of namm is not ideal. but was there one amp or guitar that stood out and made you think "I am def getting one of these".

the4thlast1":3c7whvhz said:
So Jer obviously lots of killer new amps this year .Your demos were excellent especially considering the logistics of namm is not ideal. but was there one amp or guitar that stood out and made you think "I am def getting one of these".
Man there was SO much! I think the Omega amps were really ones in person that just blew my tits off! Have heard demos before of them but many were hairy and tubby. They were so aggressive when I got to play them. High on my GAS list. The Fortin stuff was also rad. I don’t really bother much with the guitars or pedals at NAMM. Amps are my kryptonite.

these all sound interesting - Driftwood sounds pissed off with big thump, Omega definitely on the radar too as well as the EP.
thanks for posting these vids - I for one appreciate the chugging clips, who cares about the clean channel - I sure don't.

Back