Question about Fortin Zuul

maddnotez

Banned
Does the Fortin zuul get rid of the noise in front and the amp hiss from the loop simultaneously or no?

It does if you put it in the loop and give it a clean signal via the key input. Need a splitter or pedal (eg. tu-3) as first item in chain. One output to key and the other to your front-of-amp chain.

There isn’t two gates inside the Zuul. But by putting it in the loop and triggering with a clean signal you get super fast response while quieting everything going into the power amp.

Some have super noisy setups in front of amp that they’ll run a second gate. One in front and one in the loop. A bit tricky to sync them. But it works too.

LCW":3b9rxy7w said:
It does if you put it in the loop and give it a clean signal via the key input. Need a splitter or pedal (eg. tu-3) as first item in chain. One output to key and the other to your front-of-amp chain.

There isn’t two gates inside the Zuul. But by putting it in the loop and triggering with a clean signal you get super fast response while quieting everything going into the power amp.

Some have super noisy setups in front of amp that they’ll run a second gate. One in front and one in the loop. A bit tricky to sync them. But it works too.
Damn, ok thanks for the answer. My tuner unfortunately doesn't have the bypass output. Have some considering to do.

No its a single gate placed in loop and triggered by the input signal. It will gate ALL of the accumulated noise at that point BUT will not have the same results as using two gates with independent thresholds.

When using two the input gate quiets so much noise entering the preamp that the threshold downstream is set much lower. Subtle but different.

I actually use three zuul clones all fed same key input. One before preamp, one in fx loop and one in my parallel fx path. Absolutely silent at all times at any volume.

maddnotez":2tvs7mir said:
LCW":2tvs7mir said:

Damn, ok thanks for the answer. My tuner unfortunately doesn't have the bypass output. Have some considering to do.

Get a Boss tuner. That's what I did to use the key input. Its not absolutely necessary though.

Metlupass2":15z7n9bu said:
maddnotez":15z7n9bu said:
LCW":15z7n9bu said:

Get a Boss tuner. That's what I did to use the key input. Its not absolutely necessary though.

I just bought an NS-2 for $45 :LOL: :LOL: I was hoping the Zuul would be a hassle free solution and that would have been the only way I would pay the premium but I do not think that is an option for me right now.

I will probably upgrade to the Cockblocker if they become readily available.

I used the NS-2 for awhile and the Zuul was a huge upgrade. Maybe it will work better in your setup. As far as the cockblocker goes it might be a great pedal but who makes it? If it has issues who do you contact for support? At least with the Decimator, Zuul, NS-2 etc there is some sort of business support other than a page that sells coffee cups and T-shirts with whatever catch phrase Glenn comes up with. The cheapo $30 donner pedals or whatever else break its no big deal. But for $220 I want some sort of support/warranty. Im not saying that this doesnt exist for the cockblocker but I have a hard time supporting one off vanity projects if this is what it ends up being.

Back