Frusciante back with the RHCP

311splawndude

This is pretty old news at this point but for those living under a rock that might care- Josh Klinghoffer is out and John Frusciante is back in. As you may know John left the band once before to pursue a solo career and ultimately a pretty bad heroin addiction. He came back in 1998 after kicking his addictions to help create the albums Californication, By the Way and Stadium Arcadium. These are my favorite albums and I saw them live on the Arcadium tour. Then, he left again and was replaced by his friend Josh Klinghoffer. Klinghoffer did a fine job over the past 10 years but I'm glad Frusciante is back. I believe they are working on material and a tour.

John wasn't necessarily technical or fast but he played with such a fluidity and swing it is hard not to like.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/ge ... _them.html

YMMV

strongly opinionated music geek here... you'll have to forgive me, but FUCK THAT GUY! that junkie fruit cake is now on his 3rd chance from this band. he purposely sabotaged an snl performance, and quit on them because he thought he had half a prayer as a solo junkie.
He is the luckiest guy in rock. Everything since One Hot Minute has been cliche filled, horribly un-original sounding, light, bro rock. or chick rock... idk. no fuckin edge or excitement, unlike literally every release that came before. Those dudes are no fun anymore, and my michigan man, chad smith needs to find another band.

I think it is awesome that he is back in. They need to get back to the funk and off the hit machine. When he came back and they did "Scar Tissue", etc., was definitely a boost for the band and got them back on track. They need to get weird again.

romanianreaper":1yghok5g said:
I think it is awesome that he is back in. They need to get back to the funk and off the hit machine. When he came back and they did "Scar Tissue", etc., was definitely a boost for the band and got them back on track. They need to get weird again.

they need to get weird again. exactly. or just creative, stop trying to write these chick rock ballads. Put those socks back on those drug withered penises, and get naked again. :LOL: :LOL:

For me, that band was always about Flea. Frusciante was a good compliment to Flea early on and in spots later but others have sounded good too. I agree about the fluidity and swing...very Hendrixian. Cool tones too.

romanianreaper":10dq9j7h said:

agreed and
i blame rick rubin
and i totally agree regarding the weird factor
It is looooong gone
these dudes have so much cash and are so disconnected from the street and what made them great - FUNK and PUNK

Mailman1971":3ulsc6zu said:
Get Dave Nivarro back in!! :rock:
Dave was one of my computer clients. He'd just been given the boot when I started working with him on his home studio above Sunset Plaza. Steve Stevens lives a block away, BTW.

Dave was pissed they kicked him out with basically no warning.

I've tried, just never been a fan of the band. The lyrical stuff always sounds like Dr Seuss to me and the playing was nothing special. Different strokes I guess.

I actually kinda liked the Navarro stuff better. One of my bandmates is a huge RHCP fan and it pisses him off lol.

I like Frusciante and what he brings. HE is no guitar God but does not try to be either. Band is mellower now but much older.

My fav record is Uplift Mofo Party Plan which had Hilel Slovak on it. Before the later line up. I think the songs were more fun then. I think John F was trying to fit in and follow the Hilel style whne he first joined. That record takes me back to the 80s when I was young and music had more energy and joy to it for me. Mother's Milk is good too but I don't like that record as much as I did when it came out.

Rubin was brought in to make them more commercial I am sure and - it worked. They made a lot of cash :)

Hey if you don't believe music is in shitter permanently these days, go watch a video with that Billie E chick whatever her last name is. God damn fuckn pitiful/ they are all fuckin pitiful Shit Terrible

panhead":3nu1igp7 said:
Hey if you don't believe music is in shitter permanently these days, go watch a video with that Billie E chick whatever her last name is. God damn fuckn pitiful/ they are all fuckin pitiful Shit Terrible

.....and she just swept the Grammy's lol

Man I love Billie Eilish. I lost my mind when I heard See Me In A Crown a few months ago; sounded like a good Trent Rezor/NiN song.

RHCP is so wildly successfully now that they can afford to weather whatever miscues Frusciante might inflict upon them. Trying to keep him with the band might be nothing more than friends trying to support him, which seems like a noble thing? Spurning him might be dangerous to his health.

Scumback Speakers":bl1h3p76 said:
Mailman1971":bl1h3p76 said:
Get Dave Nivarro back in!! :rock:
Dave was one of my computer clients. He'd just been given the boot when I started working with him on his home studio above Sunset Plaza. Steve Stevens lives a block away, BTW.

Dave was pissed they kicked him out with basically no warning.
Damn. That blows. I’m more respectful for Dave on the Tattoo shows then RHCP.
Been watching that for years!!
:rock:

panhead":30gqtnt5 said:

Totally agree

Back