The Monomyth thread

RedPlated":2ry87u9e said:
New clip on YouTube. Not mine. Sounds amazing!! Super tight and aggressive. You can hear the 6550’s going to work.

This man is a blessing, I love the sounds he captures.

Monomyth":1sfiep6k said:
This donor just showed up for from the Netherlands, when I was younger my local music store had one of these 1994 hendrix full stacks that I always longed for, I overpaid for this amp because I simply wanted to mod it on personal note , I'm sure many of us have these items, it would be equal to the white strat in Waynes World for me :LOL: :LOL:

LUsbrB3l.jpg
OMG. :shocked: It’s common knowledge that purple amps sound the best. This ones gonna be a killer!!!

I really digging my 50 watt. With the 1936V cab Im absolutely in love. The G12 Vintage speakers do sound nice with these amps.

ClintN667":1ifcxg1x said:
I really digging my 50 watt. With the 1936V cab Im absolutely in love. The G12 Vintage speakers do sound nice with these amps.
The wait is killing me..!!!! :LOL: :LOL: Just got my 1960ahw cab and it sounds great with the head and my 73 cab. Cant wait for the 50w next!!

errrrrl":zeam1up2 said:
Monomyth":zeam1up2 said:
Hey guys, heres a little teaser clip of the amp exometal has sent me, the donor amp was a 1971 Marshall Superbass with original irons (t2562). He had some requests and Ive made some circuit changes to accommodate what he was after, its also been a pleasure to work on. cheers :rock:

https://soundcloud.com/monomyth-amplification/1971exometal
Holy shit that sounds awesome :rock: What speakers/pickups are you using?

This was recorded with a suhr reactive load /V30 IR, the guitar was a 2019 Gibson lp classic lite with super distortions. I’ve spent a lot of time finding the right setup and if I recorded a room clip you would hear the same sounds. Thanks for the love!

:rock:

I’m telling ya, these mods are some of the best I’ve heard or played. The first modded Marshall that needs nothing.
It’s all in there.

Racerxrated":3rvig3y6 said:
:rock:

I’m telling ya, these mods are some of the best I’ve heard or played. The first modded Marshall that needs nothing.
It’s all in there.

It is nice to plug straight in and be happy with an amp. I was planning on building a pedalboard for each of my rigs so Im not swapping pedals all the time but it seems like overkill to have a pedalboard for a tuner and a delay.

It may be in my head but I swear mine has been sounding better everyday. It was a new Ceriatone build and new tubes so maybe the tubes are getting broken in or something. It was to the point yesterday that I swapped cabs just to confirm if it was the speakers breaking in but no it was the same experience. Maybe its in my head but Im ok with that.

Exo-metal do you have your amp in your hands yet? Im sure hearing it is making the wait time for shipping hell.

No it's not done yet, have a few more things to do but most of it is done. That was just a teaser clip. Have to thank Jerevil for the winged C tubes, they sound great just perfect! Jeremy thank you so much. Now I have to decide on a loop or line out for this beast?

Back