Coronavirus and gear sales....

got a quote today in UK from Castle Cases @$311 shipped/Texas for an Engl E651 case in Engl logo script Castle did as a one-off. Castle got an ok from Engl. might do it given strength of dollar right now. don't have an Engl cab/need. this is on the Engl fb page:

tLkwaYE.jpg

I've been trolling Craigslist and offering people toilet paper cases for their gear.

"I'll give you three cases of toilet paper for your PRS. You know what this shit is worth right now?! Try to find it in stores!"

BeZo":8pmywhj1 said:
Some people are not amused.
I mean I get having some fun but multiple people that are musicians and work at bars in my neck of the woods have no income currently, rent and bills to pay, and are basically fire sale-ing their gear so that they can buy food. :dunno:

Be a real MVP and troll the assholes on Offerup/craigslist selling toilet paper/hand sanitizer for $40 :thumbsup:

I didn't need to talk anyone down on their price, I gave them what they wanted and in the case of the 400, I bid it on eBay. I call this my S2001 rig. 400 was $426, Quad & 50/50 were 900 and the Triaxis was $675, it all equals $2001, therefore it's my S2001 rig.

Gear by John Bazzano, on Flickr

Markedman":qn6sodqu said:
I didn't need to talk anyone down on their price, I gave them what they wanted and in the case of the 400, I bid it on eBay. I call this my S2001 rig. 400 was $426, Quad & 50/50 were 900 and the Triaxis was $675, it all equals $2001, therefore it's my S2001 rig.

Gear by John Bazzano, on Flickr
:thumbsup: That Quad preamp is (IMO) the best piece of kit that Mesa/Boogie has ever produced.

I purchased a second R7 this week. When I went to make the payment, PP gave me the option to pay using my AMEX Rewards points. In the past, I've had to choose from approved items off the Rewards website. So, I basically ended-up getting the R7 for free! :)

Gibson M2M LP Candy Apple Redtop '57 w/R9 spec neck.

IEkjEBT.png

9Ir1KMJ.png

Does anyone know the difference between an R7 and R9, other than neck dimensions?

moltenmetalburn":2og9rreg said:
Sold three more pieces of gear today all for profit lol. Doing well at the moment. :)

What did you sell?

I’m watching Reverb and even gear at great prices are just sitting. Nothing moving at all.

Only thing I see selling are lower priced items like pedals, etc...

Goat":2og9rreg said:
I purchased a second R7 this week. When I went to make the payment, PP gave me the option to pay using my AMEX Rewards points. In the past, I've had to choose from approved items off the Rewards website. So, I basically ended-up getting the R7 for free! :)

Does anyone know the difference between an R7 and R9, other than neck dimensions?

That is a killer R7!

R7 vs R9 comes down to the neck shape and finish. Goldtop (typically) vs burst.

RedPlated":10detkuc said:
moltenmetalburn":10detkuc said:
Sold three more pieces of gear today all for profit lol. Doing well at the moment. :)

What did you sell?

I’m watching Reverb and even gear at great prices are just sitting. Nothing moving at all.

Only thing I see selling are lower priced items like pedals, etc...

Goat":10detkuc said:

That is a killer R7!

R7 vs R9 comes down to the neck shape and finish. Goldtop (typically) vs burst.
Thanks! It just arrived today. Solid colors for R7 then. :thumbsup:

Goat":mb1zty69 said:

IEkjEBT.png

9Ir1KMJ.png

Nice! Just got an R6 recently but more of a purple color rather than red.

Picasso":3mm0k79z said:
Goat":3mm0k79z said:

IEkjEBT.png

9Ir1KMJ.png

Nice! Just got an R6 recently but more of a purple color rather than red.
:thumbsup: When you get a chance, post a pic of the purpletop.

This post needs to be brought back to the top... I'm seeing some CL deals that are too good to be true..people are truly becoming desperate ...my problem (or virtue) is that I'm too nice of a guy to fuck somebody over at a desperate moment..

I'm going to start snatching some stuff up at what I think is a fair price..regarding at least three items I'm looking at, I'll offer more than what the seller wants..

Pay it forward folks

herewegoagain":l7et9wf2 said:
This post needs to be brought back to the top... I'm seeing some CL deals that are too good to be true..people are truly becoming desperate ...my problem (or virtue) is that I'm too nice of a guy to fuck somebody over at a desperate moment..

I'm going to start snatching some stuff up at what I think is a fair price..regarding at least three items I'm looking at, I'll offer more than what the seller wants..

Pay it forward folks
I'm looking at CL listings, but I'm not seeing anything at "giveaway" pricing. Maybe the good deals are already gone.

everything seems the same to me right now.
i posted an ad on craigslist for my 4x12. I wrote "no haggling, i know what i have and what i want for it. if you don't want to pay that, move on".
...and i still got emails like "hey, do you have the matching head? if so i'll make you an offer on both". or "hey, if you get desperate, i'll give you 100 less than your price".

Thats fuckin haggling, dicks!
Same ol same ol.

Back