Coronavirus and gear sales....

RedPlated

Anyone noticed gear sales seemed to have hit a wall lately? Things seemed to be moving really well for a while and then all done. Seems natural to me though, since the stock market took a HUGE hit. I'm wondering how bad it will get...

If there were decent toilet-paper emulations out there people would be snappin' 'em up like there's no tomorrow, I know that much.

I mean, who needs guitars, amps and other gear when you have toilet paper, right? :doh:

Monkey Man":3nvuvqnj said:
If there were decent toilet-paper emulations out there people would be snappin' 'em up like there's no tomorrow, I know that much.

I mean, who needs guitars, amps and other gear when you have toilet paper, right? :doh:

I was going to ask if anyone was selling gear to buy toilet paper?

Monkey Man":rd9z6oz5 said:

I've seen and done the dumbest shit in life and never have I experienced something like this. I don't get the toilet paper thing at all. It is not like a nuke is getting ready to go off and we'll be in bunkers for six months straight. LOL!

It blows my mind that in a moment when people are dying around the world, people are worried about wiping their ass. I bet most people don't even know why they are buying so much TP. But with that said, I think some companies should take advantage of this with a "Charmin" guitar or amp. The settings can be "Scented", "Pillow", "2-Ply", etc. Haha

Maybe we should get Dave Friedman to come up with an adjustment to the Brown Eye amp line. Add a "Wipe" switch or something

tstern66":3qaw1z9a said:
:LOL: :LOL:
romanianreaper":3qaw1z9a said:
Monkey Man":3qaw1z9a said:

I've seen and done the dumbest shit in life and never have I experienced something like this. I don't get the toilet paper thing at all. It is not like a nuke is getting ready to go off and we'll be in bunkers for six months straight. LOL!

It blows my mind that in a moment when people are dying around the world, people are worried about wiping their ass. I bet most people don't even know why they are buying so much TP. But with that said, I think some companies should take advantage of this with a "Charmin" guitar or amp. The settings can be "Scented", "Pillow", "2-Ply", etc. Haha

Maybe we should get Dave Friedman to come up with an adjustment to the Brown Eye amp line. Add a "Wipe" switch or something
:yes: :LOL: :LOL:

Monkey Man":133ccmr3 said:

I wonder if shitty gear would sell better? haha

stratjacket":z8awvyhc said:
Monkey Man":z8awvyhc said:

Touché. :LOL: :LOL:

Rick Lee":z8awvyhc said:
I wish there were a panic buy on condoms to stop the spread of stupidity. We're doomed.
:LOL: :LOL:

Can't comment on States side but down under in NZ gear sales have been shit for at least 18mnths ... it has been a buyers market in general since mid 2018 at least

so nothing to so with "cough cough" Covid - 19 :LOL: :LOL:

tstern66":1sqaypm3 said:
Monkey Man":1sqaypm3 said:

Attachments

• A9525EAB-3758-4C83-AAEF-92248CE46E90.jpeg
    A9525EAB-3758-4C83-AAEF-92248CE46E90.jpeg
    30.6 KB · Views: 5,226
I work in the private medical sector for a company who produces devices used for various respiratory illness, I thought about doing a psa here but for now can surely say I can’t take any amps in, guys who’ve been waiting are going to be really bummed out and I’m sorry about.

stratjacket":1gdf5p64 said:
Monkey Man":1gdf5p64 said:

LOL! Finally after all these years, EVH gets the respect he deserves for introducing us all to the famous "Brown Sound"

Monomyth":12ia41nb said:
I work in the private medical sector for a company who produces devices used for various respiratory illness, I thought about doing a psa here but for now can surely say I can’t take any amps in, guys who’ve been waiting are going to be really bummed out and I’m sorry about.

Aw bummer. I know I was somewhere on that list.
I'm a respiratory therapist, and we're getting hammered pretty good. So I understand. Our rental company for vents said they're running out. Doh!

Monkey Man":22jr2fju said:

I went grocery shopping today, and the toilet paper isle was completely bare.

Are people now deciding to wipe their ass?

I live in Florida, and we get at least 2-3 threats a year, of direct-hit hurricanes, and even with that, nobody buys up all the toilet paper.

napalmdeath":xhde2xxk said:
Monkey Man":xhde2xxk said:

I went grocery shopping today, and the toilet paper isle was completely bare.

Are people now deciding to wipe their ass?

I live in Florida, and we get at least 2-3 threats a year, of direct-hit hurricanes, and even with that, nobody buys up all the toilet paper.

Yeah I’m having a hard time understanding the lust for toilet paper.

Sure some people are buying some items for the sake of actually needing it but there a bunch of people buying it in huge quantities to resell and make money. People are selling TP by the roll on Craigslist, FB marketplace, etc. Also saw some family selling individual rolls in the parking lot of Target / Fred Meyer :thumbsdown:

Back