Coronavirus and gear sales....

RedPlated":2e5gc0lg said:
Goat":2e5gc0lg said:
panhead":2e5gc0lg said:
There`s not any cheap 5150 shit on reverb
Reverb sellers are lunatics. Worse than ebay, easily. $3000.00 and up for a non-historic Gibson Les Paul Custom? :LOL: :LOL: :jerkit:

I'm seeing some very lofty prices as well on some items. But, they're sitting with no offers or sales. I guess some people haven't realized that they're not going to get top market value these days.

There have been a couple 5150's local that the sellers said they would take $500 on. Good condition too. Reverb doesn't seem to be a good spot to buy those.

This guy was dropping his price by $50 every day. I was waiting for him to get to $400... honestly shouldn’t have bought another amp because I have a Dover 50 on the way already. At that price for a legit block letter, I had no choice. Lol.

Readyaimfire":hte3mbdw said:
RedPlated":hte3mbdw said:
Goat":hte3mbdw said:
panhead":hte3mbdw said:
Reverb sellers are lunatics. Worse than ebay, easily. $3000.00 and up for a non-historic Gibson Les Paul Custom? :LOL: :LOL: :jerkit:

I'm seeing some very lofty prices as well on some items. But, they're sitting with no offers or sales. I guess some people haven't realized that they're not going to get top market value these days.

There have been a couple 5150's local that the sellers said they would take $500 on. Good condition too. Reverb doesn't seem to be a good spot to buy those.

This guy was dropping his price by $50 every day. I was waiting for him to get to $400... honestly shouldn’t have bought another amp because I have a Dover 50 on the way already. At that price for a legit block letter, I had no choice. Lol.

Awesome score! I should have never sold my 5150. Bro gonna need a Dover 50 clip.

Yeah Reverb sucks now with them collecting taxes. I've noticed lower prices on eBay for the same gear so there must be some extra fees on Reverb as opposed to eBay?

Reverb sucks for amps because you are almost always factoring in $100 to ship the fuckers. And they collect fees on that too.

swamptrashstompboxes":3le40hh1 said:
Reverb sucks for amps because you are almost always factoring in $100 to ship the fuckers. And they collect fees on that too.
I don't want the fuckers... just the amp. ;)

Goat":3lfsun6r said:
swamptrashstompboxes":3lfsun6r said:
I don't want the fuckers... just the amp. ;)

:LOL:

If they came with hot call girls on delivery, the $100 would be well worth it.

All my gear on reverb was snapped up in the last 48 hours. People are preparing for the long haul indoors and plan to play, they all keep telling me so.

Im cashing in thus far haha.

I also found some deals from people who are having hardships.

Bought an impossible to find ATM Specular Tempus that is selling for $400-500 for $280 shipped cause a tornado f’d up the foundation of a dudes house in Tennessee.

There are definitely artifacts in the gear market secondary to these hard times.

moltenmetalburn":23evcn3l said:
All my gear on reverb was snapped up in the last 48 hours. People are preparing for the long haul indoors and plan to play, they all keep telling me so.

I also found some deals from people who are having hardships.

Bought an impossible to find ATM Specular Tempus that is selling for $400-500 for $280 shipped cause a tornado f’d up the foundation of a dudes house in Tennessee.

There are definitely artifacts in the gear market secondary to these hard times.

That's great to hear. Were you selling higher dollar stuff or accessory type gear?

I think in a week or two more prices are really going to come down. I've been looking for a Suhr Hedgehog, but I'm pretty apprehensive about buying. I've already found one new for $400 off and free shipping and no tax. I'm in no rush so I'm just going to see what else comes available.

moltenmetalburn":3s97mksr said:

Damn nice --- do you want to help me sell some of my stuff that I need to move?? :LOL: :LOL:

ErikT":3nm5phkw said:
Readyaimfire":3nm5phkw said:
RedPlated":3nm5phkw said:
Goat":3nm5phkw said:
panhead":3nm5phkw said:

Awesome score! I should have never sold my 5150. Bro gonna need a Dover 50 clip.

Yeah Reverb sucks now with them collecting taxes. I've noticed lower prices on eBay for the same gear so there must be some extra fees on Reverb as opposed to eBay?
I am still trying to figure out how to sneak the dover in the house when it gets here lol.

I've been trying to buy gear but the my offers are being turned down so far. I did pay a guy who never shipped the item, "I don't know what happened" yeah right, you never dropped it off at the post office! Idiot asshole!!! I did want it and paid you MFer.

I offered a guy $100 on a old at a case that he wanted $150 for. I have two in a different size that are in great shape that I want $100 for and have been listing them for years with no offers. He'll never ever sell that case. https://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/msg/ ... 33013.html
IMG_3578 by John Bazzano, on Flickr

Axe Palace is doing up to 25% off site wide on their gear. They said it’s due to possible government mandated closure of their business. There are some great deals to be had.

Here in Brazil the crisis is melting our money, so the gear became too expensive for us.
The US$ use to cost 1 Dollar per 4 Reais, now is one Dollar for 5.5 Reais. The dollar increase almost 30% its price.

Krull":3p3barla said:
I would imagine based on the current climate we are in, fraud will increase. People’s true colors will be revealed in times of crisis.

The only thing you've said to date which was rational.
Your meds seem to be working.
So happy for you.

Triaxis by John Bazzano, on Flickr

$675.00 for the Triaxis, which is like new and came with the box and tube protectors, $300.00 for the 50/50.

Also scored here tonight - Strategy 400 by John Bazzano, on Flickr

I did not think I'd win the Strategy, but local only, no shipping doomed this guy. Now, I have a 52 minute drive to pick it up. The New York Governor has banned all travel except essential travel. Is this considered essential travel? I'll let you know.

I tried a slew of amps recently. I needed to know if I was missing something? I tried all sorts of different brands, and man, I do like to Boogie! They just have more, more gain, more tone, more options, more of everything I like compared to anything else. And zero hiss. No boost pedal or gate needed. This triaxis is loaded with settings, the perfect item for a tweeker on an isle of isolation.

So I found a Ground Control midi controller on CL. I emailed the guy and said I'd buy it for what he wanted, $170.00. He emailed back, "I'm not selling anything because of C19" so I will buy elsewhere. And take your stuff off CL! At least the guy I bought the 400 from said I can come get it.

I have sold four things in the past two weeks that sat on Reverb for a while. One was up there a year. Lol. I am pretty much out of stuff to ditch other than a low dollar guitar and banjo on CL.

Back