Splawn Nitro - this other guy

311splawndude

This clip was just posted by user PDC on splawn proboards and this is him copping 'brownsounds' with his Nitro.

Kinda cool to see the flexibility of these amps.

I don't think I've heard a Nitro clip get that close to teh brown sound - good playing too, he captured Eddie's essence.

The Nitro excells at every other heavy tone than the brown sound IMO. again I am a KT88 guy though. I also have not used my Nitro on a bit. But I DO really love it. It's a beast. The Promod (again KT88) does better at the brown sound than the Nitro IMO.

311splawndude":30igbn94 said:
^ Did you listen to PDC's (clip in OP) Nitro?

I listened to the clip in the OP. It sounds great. But the Nitro excells more at other things IMO.

Badass clip though, I didn't intend to be an ass.

Oh NP dude. I didn't mean to come off as curt or coy either, just wanted to make sure you heard it because I thought it was damn fine brownsound representation from exactly that....an amp not designed to really do that :D

311splawndude":iusk045w said:
Oh NP dude. I didn't mean to come off as curt or coy either, just wanted to make sure you heard it because I thought it was damn find brownsound representation from exactly that....an amp not designed to really do that :D

You are good 311 my apologies for my response. That is the best brown sound I have heard out of a Nitro. I just wanted to say that the Nitro is not a brown sound geared amp. It's a great tone at what a Nitro isn't geared to normally do.

The Nitro is more of a brutal skull crushing amp, at least that's how mine is. It's a true shame that they get overlooked so much. They are massive beastly amps for no holds bar metal. TBH they destroy Fryettes from the brutal perspective. Just as mean and unforgiving with a massive punch in the guts.

Back