Henning Cherry Bomb vid...Old School inspired THRASH

mctallica1

Haven’t posted a vid here for quite a while....but now I am “working” from home, so...

Sat down to jam and this riff combo came to me in about 5 minutes.

It’s a bit sloppy, but I was head banging the whole time I was playing :cheers: :rock:

Gutierrez Juggy loaded with an EMG81 in the bridge into the Rod Channel slightly boosted with an OD808 and an MXR 10 band in the loop, cutting 500 about 6.

https://youtu.be/su-KwdfVchU

That has a distinct 'Trapped Under Ice' thing going on :yes:

Would love to try a Cherry Bomb some day.

How's the Peters?

My buddy had a pre Hydra - I think this pic is from 2013?

DDs7qZYl.jpg

Nice Tony! I've always enjoyed your nod towards old school thrash :rock: Seeing your Peters makes me wish the one I ordered would have worked out.

311splawndude":352nce9w said:
That has a distinct 'Trapped Under Ice' thing going on :yes:

Would love to try a Cherry Bomb some day.

How's the Peters?

My buddy had a pre Hydra - I think this pic is from 2013?

DDs7qZYl.jpg

The BodyHammer kicks ass in a completely different way. I can dial it in to sound somewhat similar to the Cherry Bomb, but the feel very different. While not the same, I’d compare it, somewhat, to the VHT UL’s I’ve owned.

BTW, RTL is probably my favorite thrash album tone, so any comparison to that vibe is cool :thumbsup:

MetalHeadMike":2zjyugcq said:
Nice Tony! I've always enjoyed your nod towards old school thrash :rock: Seeing your Peters makes me wish the one I ordered would have worked out.

I am a man of limited taste and skill set when it comes to playing guitar....fortunately my skill set fits my taste :LOL: :LOL:

I could never get those kinds of tones from my Cherry Bomb when I had one, it sounded nothing like that. Man you are good!

JTyson":1b7dmuyo said:
Sounds killer!
Is Steve still building these amps?

Thanks dude!

He sure is. I believe there is a V2 that has more gain available. Haven't played one of those though. For me the original has more than enough to get the brootz I’m looking for. FWIW, I only have the gain on the Rod channel set at about 1 o’clock.

He also makes the Bottle Rocket, which is a 50 watt, single channel amp :thumbsup:

Picasso":1uqrjfty said:
I could never get those kinds of tones from my Cherry Bomb when I had one, it sounded nothing like that. Man you are good!

Thanks!

I was able to dial in tones that worked for me right out of the box. Full disclosure, after initial experimentation, I did load it with all NOS preamp tubes (Mullard, RFT, EI and Chinese)...which are still in it. Power tubes are original.

T

Back