Engl Savage 60 doin' some thrash

Speeddemon

Didn't want to start a YT acc, and found Streamable.
Interestingly enough you can hear how my phone (Samsung S7) starts out pretty well limited, and then allows a ton more low-end to come through after a few seconds.
The downside is, in the clips it sounds a lot boomier than in the room now.

both clips are boosted with a TS-Mini.
First clip with a Burny Les Paul (DiMarzio Norton in bridge)
https://streamable.com/o0g3u

2nd clip with a Gibson Flying V '67 RI (DiMarzio Super Distortion in bridge)
https://streamable.com/tnmwo

I need to fool around a bit to make the recording sound more like the in-room sound, although with a phone... :aww:
Oh well, whaddaya think? :thumbsup:

Sounds rippin' --- great tone especially during those gallop parts. If you do another clip it would be cool to hear you click on and off the tube screamer to hear the difference

Sounds mean. The SD has more muscle in the clip but I'm still not sure which I like better...whichever one I'm listening to pretty much.

Damn, I didn't need to see this. That sounds killer and ever since I heard a Savage 120 in person I've been thinking about grabbing one. :rock: :rock:

Nice! :rock:

Can you get similar tones with that "little" Mark V?

Laurens":lu7cyp1e said:
Nice! :rock:

Can you get similar tones with that "little" Mark V?
Yep, in Xtreme mode, 25W,
EQ T/M/B/P=8/1/3/7 (out of ten)
GEQ=heavy V, but with the 2200Hz at 3/4th and the 6600Hz slider at 2/3rd (slightly lower).
and boosted of course, since Xtreme mode is quite thick sounding.
The Mark IV setting is more aggressive, but thinner in comparison...It may get you there without a boost.

One thing though; for the Engl, that Marshall 1966B (2x12) cabinet is a big part of the big tone. Yet for some reason, it doesn't gel well with the Mark V:25.
Speakers are a '86 G12-T75 (serifed font, vented dust cap) and a Mesa V30 (lower right corner).

:rock: Love me some Savage. The 120 is one of my all time favorite amps and THE only amp I've ever been happy with plugged straight in. I've been toying with the thought of grabbing another Savage120 or FB100.

MetalHeadMike":232of9oa said:
I've been toying with the thought of grabbing another Savage120 or FB100.

2oarpf.jpg

:rock:

By the way, a big thing in the Savage 60's tone -which I noticed Ola didn't do in his YT clips-, you have to run the Lead channel's volume quite high (above 12 'o clock) with the Master volume lower, to get a good 'tube' tone. if you run the channel volume at 8 or 9 'o clock and the Master higher, you get this anemic, cheap distortion-pedal tone. It's less of an issue on the Rhythm channel, but the first time I tried my 2nd Savage, I forgot about this and I was underwhelmed, until I ran the Lead channel volume at 1 o' clock, adjusted the Master and...RAAAAWWWK! :worship:

I dig that tone!

Never played a Savage, but I dug all the Powerball’s I owned and absolutely love the Blackmores :rock:

Back