Inside Jimmy Page's Marshall

Page and a 5150??? Your not to be taken seriously. That’s a huge assumption on your part. Show me a legit picture or quote that says he played that amp live or in the studio. I’d love to see it.

gtrwun":16xvuwxd said:
Page and a 5150??? Your not to be taken seriously. That’s a huge assumption on your part. Show me a legit picture or quote that says he played that amp live or in the studio. I’d love to see it.

^^THIS^^ Thank you!

gtrwun":1e5ql92d said:

He said it in a Guitar World promoting the Coverdale Page album in the 90's - I have it somewhere in my garage, he also used a SLO. The 5150 was used on the open tuning tracks, he said he loved both amps.

zz666":3vn1fwa2 said:
gtrwun":3vn1fwa2 said:

He said it in a Guitar World promoting the Coverdale Page album in the 90's - I have it somewhere in my garage, he also used a SLO. The 5150 was used on the open tuning tracks, he said he loved both amps.
Thank you very much sir.

gtrwun":2ynxmmz2 said:
This was long before cell phones and the internet took control which most on this forum would not understand. :doh:

As you can read I said 91. Well the 5150 didn't hit stores till 92 but Peavey got them to as many big time artist early as possible. Hell even country artist were using them then. No I do not own a 5150 but I did in the past :rock:

So getting back to the topic...any ideas what all that stuff on the left side of the rear panel is? It looks like 4 jacks and maybe a pot without a knob. And nothing is plugged into them.

Maybe inserts for the EP and/or Theremin? With a Send or Return level (or Mix/Balance)?
OR
Possibly a way to measure idle current of each tube and a pot to adjust bias voltage?

^ I absolutely have no idea. I'd like to know myself. I posted it because I thought it would help the discussion and because it was on topic. Nothing was plugged in though because that is a picture from the museum exhibit - not a stage or studio pic.

panhead":3ed60vay said:
zz666":3ed60vay said:
gtrwun":3ed60vay said:

Thank you very much sir.

Do you mean this one?

https://classicrockreview.wordpress.com ... -may-1993/

Would you mind looking for it? The only two references I can find on the interwebz of JP using a 5150 is this thread and the one on TGP. Neither offers any proof. I'm not saying he didn't - I'd just wish people could take the extra time to at least seek out the truth like we used to in the old days, vs interwebz parroting.

So while we are in the quest for truth...

panhead":1k8faxer said:
Stock marshalls with 6550`s. Those marshalls on display probably are not his, after Zep he didn't even use marshalls live very much, orange/ fender tonemaster/ 5150 etc. etc.

od1mphd.jpg

ggmmJ7X.jpg

2m92PfV.jpg

Those aren't 6550s look close at the cloth retainers(which are big to begin with) those are KT88. Great pics of a great amp. Can anyone tell close to what year?

*meanwhile...you could hear the typing into Google search: "Jimmy Page 5150", "Jimmy Page Peavey", "Jimmy Page 5150 amp", "Jimmy Page fifty-one fifty amplifier", "James Page EVH", "Jimmy James Page 1992 amp"...etc x 1,000

BOOM!!!

Jimmy also used his Number 1 Marshall, as well as an old Vox AC30 and an old Fender Bassman.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-7.jpeg
    FullSizeRender-7.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 346
  • FullSizeRender-5.jpeg
    FullSizeRender-5.jpeg
    659.4 KB · Views: 345
  • FullSizeRender-6.jpeg
    FullSizeRender-6.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 337
  • IMG_7872.jpeg
    IMG_7872.jpeg
    748.4 KB · Views: 336
zz666":3m4nrlkz said:
BOOM!!!

Jimmy also used his Number 1 Marshall, as well as an old Vox AC30 and an old Fender Bassman.
Thanks for verification. Im crazy but I got a pretty good memory.

panhead":yg9mfg7f said:
zz666":yg9mfg7f said:
BOOM!!!

Where are the live pictures of him using the 5150?? That is what you said Panhead.

panhead":ohu2kw7k said:
Stock marshalls with 6550`s. Those marshalls on display probably are not his, after Zep he didn't even use marshalls live very much, orange/ fender tonemaster/ 5150 etc. etc.

gtrwun":pwdr9s8p said:
panhead":pwdr9s8p said:
zz666":pwdr9s8p said:
BOOM!!!

Where are the live pictures of him using the 5150?? That is what you said Panhead.
Find a picture yourself gtrwun :doh:

Back