Anyone using Internet Band Rehearsal?

nzsteve

Is anyone using any remote products for rehearsal? I'm looking at firing the my band back if we can do this all remotely. I see a few products, Jamlink etc.. some of the articles and info looks old 2010 etc.. I was reading alot of stuff yesterday, some say there it works ok, one report says that latency >30-35 ms is still usable.

Is anyone using anything right now that works well?

If you are using it now, whats the best way to do it so you dont hear a delay while monitoring? Would you put a small amp in a closet with a mic or DI, and listen to the monitor output? Is it good enough you use wireless cans back through a computer/daw etc while your playing?

Pricin? jam link is looking 200 each person, what are the costs of other products?

I’m going to try Jamkazam with the other guitarist for my band today or tomorrow so we can work on writing some riffs. I’ll post back here with my results

Inearthed":2lmhwn5e said:
I’m going to try Jamkazam with the other guitarist for my band today or tomorrow so we can work on writing some riffs. I’ll post back here with my results

Awesome.. Thx

nzsteve":2u4fdhj0 said:
Inearthed":2u4fdhj0 said:

Awesome.. Thx

First test wasn’t successful, too much latency, doing another run through later this week.

I've been flirting with Jamkazam for a week or two now. So far, it hasn't really worked. I know two people that were able to jam, but no one else in the group has. I also got a few minutes with someone, where I heard fine, but he said there was latency on his end. I tried it with a Steinberg UR22, and it had terrible latency. I went to my old Presonus Firestudio, and the latency teeters back and forth with green and yellow. All the support pages have been taken down, so there's little help outside of the chat function.

The only thing I noticed is that interfaces on Firewire connections seem to have better results.

Maybe someone else will pop up with better results.

Last night I got to jam with a drummer and a singer. There was a few moments where we fell off, but for the most part we had a great jam. We jammed for about 40 minutes.

There is promise there, but a little help from the Devs would really be useful to get a list of devices that they recommend. We were both usin Presonus Firestudio interfaces. I'm using an old tower from 2008, running Win7. The others were using Mac (no clue what OS.) We were all hardwired to the router.

Hopefully someone else can get it working for them.

I tried it with my other guitarist but were having trouble with the chat/ instrument sounds. However it might be good at least for jamming

Back