Carol Ann Triptik vs 3rd Power CSR

the4thlast1

Anyone try these two amps by any chance ? : Carol Ann Triptik : 3rd Power CSR citizen gain

They are both on my radar for a heavy rock type gig , any help is appreciated.

I have no experience with the CSR, but I have had the Triptik 50 and now have a Triptik2 100. I sold the Triptik 50 to my other guitar player to buy a Triptik2 100. He was using a Bogner Shiva 50 and a VHT 50CL, which were both great. He was just blown away by the Triptik 50. I had a VHT UL00 and Herbert MK1 before the Carol Anns. The Triptik2 has more gain the than Triptik, but the they both have plenty of gain. The Triptik2 has a separate input volume for the clean channel, so you can have a super clean tone. The Triptik I had didn't have the switchable loop either, but some of them do. You don't see a lot of Carol Ann amps out there, and now that he's stopped making them they may start getting harder to come by. It's probably the last amp I will ever buy, same goes for my other guitar player. Great sounding amps

I briefly owned a Triptik 2 50w head and man was that thing killer. The harmonics on that amp are like nothing I've ever heard, almost like a Proctavia with sustaining notes. My problem was with the gain up, you couldn't escape the outrageous harmonics and fast riffing turned a little messy. I'd love to try the 100w head some day. Sorry, never tried the CSR either.

Back